Thursday, August 10, 2023

Just for laughs

 Well, that is if you find them amusing. I consider myself one with a good sense of humor. All kinds of humor too. My brother he is basically one with ONLY a dry sense of humor. Which is how I categorize the book The New Yorker book of baseball cartoons. I tried to choose the best of what was in the book. I got enough to maybe cover three posts if I am sparingly using the scans. I'll put the other two out before the end of the month.


Here goes.



It's a little cute.




Laying the groundwork for the years to come. 






I like this one.





I'm guessing that lady wants to be a sugar mama.


12 comments:

  1. These are fun. The one with the new groom was my favorite. Does the book include the year the cartoon was printed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably does in the index, but I really don't read that stuff.

      Delete
  2. Those are great! The umpire one is probably my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father/Son at the baseball game (fight). Unfortunately, we have seen some of this from the T-ball league all the way up to MLB. I may be wrong, but I think it has some to do with respect. I coach Special Olympics and that is something I work on with my athletes every practice. I got a good laugh from them. Thanks for the funnies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the last picture means the lady is looking to adopt the players like they were pets to be taken home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the groom one and the batting average one.
    The foul ball hug wins it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the smiles! Speaking of which, got another envelope from you today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The basebrawl one reminds me of the scene from Naked Gun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff! I love the umpire one. I umpired for about 30 years...always wished I had a good one liner to throw back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I was an ump, I'd totally use that line.

    ReplyDelete