Wednesday, August 23, 2023

A completed set!

 When it comes to modern day sets rather set builds (I don't build every set), I get a little eh easy on myself when it comes to SP's. Such is the case with Topps Finest as per their usual the last cards in the set are all SP's and prospects/rookies to boot. The total set this year 2023 is 125 cards. The last 25 being the SP's of which I do have one of #124. I have completed the base or main set if you will.

























I put the inserts I got recently with the scan. I also grabbed some others when at the August Jax. card show which I have yet to finish posting on (several posts left). 

Eventually we will be doing Wacky Wednesday today, but I am just get starting with a couple of the other themed posts this week, so for now I will use other filler for mid week posts. 

I did drive over to Ormond Monday thinking I could get my hands on some of the newly released Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary. I grabbed about 500 out of the dime box and wound up paying nothing for them as in ZERO. I got 290 different cards (14 braves with 4 dupes) so basically 2/3 of the set. No doubt I will be completing that set soon. Yeah I have decided to build it, and the previous one too seeing that I pretty much have the set in my dupes boxes and PC boxes. I just need to dig them out. No posting from the Ormond trip Monday though. I spent $40.00 on an unopened box of 1997 Donruss (I wanted to get at the Diamond Kings inserts) and get some ripping done at the same time. I pulled two of Jeter's 2nd year card and traded 1 of them to a guy working at the shop to get the 1500 dime cards I grabbed in total for free. That works. Kyle wasn't there otherwise they still probably wouldn't have cost me much if anything. 

Being this post is a set completion posts I figure here is a good spot to mention when thumbing through an old data file I have saved I ran across 3 completed sets that I never posted to that completed set blog I ran for a minute. I believe they were 1992, 1993, and 1994 Pinnacle. (UPDATED ON THRUSDAY THEY ARE 1996-1998). So I'll let you guys decide whether or not I should post them here, that is if you want to see them. Just say YES or NO below. also I am wondering if any of you that read the Burl Ives article actually looked up and listened to the goober peas song. 


17 comments:

  1. I vote yes to showing off the Pinnacle sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great deal on the '97 Jeter. Looks like it's a buck or two on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guys is figuring it to grade at a 9, and said that sells for $200.00. I haven't checked but I had no problem doing the deal. $40.00 got to rip got 2 Jeters, 2 DK's (needed both), and all of those dime cards. Yep, I was happy.

      Delete
  3. Good job.
    Maybe the best of the three Pinnacle sets. But it's your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those Headliners cards.

    Sure, I'll enjoy some Pinnacle complete sets, those are my favorite years of Pinnacle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 1994 Pinnacle set is kind of fun, so I say yes.
    That’s a good deal on the free cards. I’d love to trade away a Jeter card for that many non Yankee cards. I’ll have to dig through my stuff, cause I might have a ‘97 Donruss Jeter somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good deal on the Donruss box! I am jealous! Matt-CardsOverCoffee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to the Pinnacle! No, I did not look up the goober song

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure '94 please. No on the goober peas song, but Rudolph was on, so I got some Burl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to Pinnacle. I'm amazed at how well these Finest scan since I cannot for the life of me scan chrome cards without them turning black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. use the bright button should make it brighter for you

      Delete
  10. Yes!

    I hadn't seen much of this set. Bummed Topps used to same picture for Volpe as they did for his Series 2 RC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice looking set, congrats! And yes for Pinnacle from me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not sure if I've seen it in person... but I really like the 2023 Finest look. Gotta imagine the refractors look fantastic. Sorry I haven't been commenting. 1st week back with students, so didn't have a lot of free time. Was looking forward to spending a few hours catching up on blog posts this morning :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You just keep taking care of them youngins. One day you'll retire and plenty of time, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy completed base set!

    As for the song, I've heard it a few times over the years, so I didn't need to look it up again. And those years of Pinnacle don't do much for me, but I'll still click on the posts :)

    ReplyDelete