Monday, August 14, 2023

Jacksonville card show.

 I rolled up to the show an hour early as I was meeting up with Fred before the show. I got my Star Wars toys from him. Only four though, and I took him some more non sports cards to add to the 100K+ I already have sitting in his garage, lol. No... there is a big toy and collectible show in January hopefully he unloads all of it there. There is also a smaller show in 2 weeks in Jax, I might go up there and check that out.


Anyway, once I got in and only a few dealers were setting up one being Chuck who had been gone since Covid started. I had high hopes that he would have things set up as he used to but a smaller quantity. WRONG! sort of, it was a smaller amount, but was crazy good stuff. he was setting up and I was asking how much for a couple of the 50's and 60's Topps binders. He was like what? How much? I said. I was in awe what he was putting inside of a case. I didn't buy the binders as I didn't need many of the cards in them. While I was checking my lists, he made his first sale $2K. 1952 Bowman Mantle (with a bit tiny mind you paper loss on the back. Yeah he had a really really good day. I spent $80.00 with him before the show opened. 



Mind you I did not need a lot of these, but I wasn't leaving them in those binders for the prices he had on them.



You know looking at those Nolan Ryan cards I don't think I checked my Hostess and Kellogg's list to see if I needed them. I think I just chunked them into the PC boxes. Dang it.



Now these i didn't dump into the PC boxes. Still haven't check to see if I needed any of them, but they are sitting near the Post binder.




Beautiful clean unmarked vintage checklists.



These were definitely all set needs. I haven't put them into my binders yet as I just finished sorting that monster box of vintage last night. I checked to see how many I needed and I was surprised that I certainly got a post worth of just the needs. Probably two posts more in the stuff that I didn't need for sets, but can be needs in the PC and just keepers, with dupes to spare too. I'll get those scanned up soon. I also sorted the football and basketball put those in numerical order too. Wow, that is all I can say. Maybe next week I can have those post ready to go. 

12 comments:

  1. Great cards, but can't top that 1934 Diamond Stars.

    Hope you show the Star Wars toys at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the '57s. And I just got that Gil Hodges Post card (or maybe it's the '62, get them understandably confused).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the Mays and Rose backwards ones? Tattoos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are called Rub Offs. They are not tattoos, although that would have been really cool back in 60's.

      Delete
    2. Gotcha! I think I remember using pencil over non baseball ruboffs when I was a kid

      Delete
  4. Yes it's a long tease for the Star Wars toys haha. Great vintage pickups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have quite a few of the 1970 Story Books. The '70 checklists are familiar as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. $80 well spent. Any chance you're gonna show off those Star Wars toys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to show them last night (Wed), but did the Elvis post. Should have them up tonight.

      Delete