Sunday, August 20, 2023

Masonic Monday: Burl Ives: Peas Peas Peas....Eating goober peas.

 My first recollection of Mr. Ives came from music class in the 6th grade. The teacher loved it. Played it all the time. Played what you ask? The song by Burl Ives Eating Goober Peas. Seriously, that was a real song. I'm sure you can google it or you tube it. 


Now I know he was a Mason. Let us read on. (also noting that part 2 of one of the ball players was also in this issue, but I posted that earlier in the year).




My mind is telling me that his voice reminds me of Uncle Joe from Petticoat Junction.











Okay for those of you that didn't google "goober peas".... I did. Boiled peanuts they are. I love me some good salty boiled peanuts, especially the Cajun ones.

Tune in tomorrow night. Nothing but BASEBALL autos and relic cards.....and they are up for trade!

6 comments:

  1. But what about his role as Sam the Snowman in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. My kids have watched that a bazillion times. It was on yesterday. I have my own twist on his line from that. Pull up an ice block and freeze your rear! Very talented man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also narrated The Ewok Adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. His version of "Holy Jolly Christmas" remains one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They just don't make 'em like him anymore.

    ReplyDelete