Sunday, August 6, 2023

MASONIC MONDAY: Another submariner??????

 Why yes it is...... Mr. Carl Mays. But first our winner for the very last time Friday night was.......drum roll.......    Eliiptical man. Please e-mail me (jfmjr1@aol.com) make sure I have your address. Again, thanks everyone for putting up with it for the last year. 


Carl Mays:














Hopefully you folks saved the link to the Archives for part TWO. There is one more baseball player I have for next week. I'll be back on the remaining interesting people from our past.











6 comments:

  1. Congrats Elliptical Man for winning the last one! Thanks again John for the giveaways this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everyone had a great weekend and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got another envelope from you, thanks! I think we read about Carl Mays a few ago too... I remember reading about the fatal pitch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go winning the Friday contest. Thank you, John, for doing this over the year. I was fortunate to gain some really great Twins cards. Great article about Mays. It's interesting to hear some of the stories. We all have one, but only some make the printed version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Putting up with it?" Far from it sir!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So he was Carl Willie Mays, son of Willie Mays.

    ReplyDelete