Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Elvis is in the house!

 I had to make an adjustment to my post today as I had forgotten about one of my two annual Elvis posts. I WILL BE MAKING THAT ONE POST EACH YEAR AND BELIEVE IT WILL BE AUGUST 16. 

I have also re-scanned my Elvis stuff. I have added a few items as well including records.  It took all afternoon. My mother was a huge fan as most females were back in the day. Obviously, my mother was not a fan of all of his music but a huge fan none the less. That is why I have a collection of the stuff. 

I gave some magazines, books, and some of the nicer albums to a cousin when Uncle Fred passed away. She too was a HUGE fan.



This paper magazine is dated Jan. 28, 1978. 


Now for some cards.



I have no idea what year or set these are from the backs are blank.



























My mother also had the same kind of crush on Conway Twitty. I get it, there were resemblances and the fancy get ups too.







Some vintage (three before he died).



The top two cards are oversized. The one on the right is obviously some kind of vintage card set but the back is blank so I have no idea. The two exhibits cards also have blank backs.




The top card is the back of the top right from the cards above. It is a Panini sticker.

Now for some records: The 45's first. These were in my Uncle's garage.




This one even came with a checklist, lol. The record below is actually on that checklist.





The rest of the 45's below do not have the jackets and they are damaged as you can see. I originally was going to put them on the walls in my man cave, but that just isn't possible. I don't recognize any of the songs (either side) other than the first one below.










I'll finish this up with the LP's that didn't go to my cousin. Again, these came from Fred's but they were inside the house in his record collection.











That's all folks!

 





12 comments:

  1. Never been much of a fan of his, but I dig the vintage records of his. Those are a cool conversation piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, I didn't mind watching the movies because they usually had beautiful girls in bikinis in them, lol. Music for me back then was more like KISS, CDB, Bee Gees, Queen, and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

      Delete
  2. Here's your vintage Elvis sitting in the chair. 1960 Leaf. https://www.tcdb.com/ViewCard.cfm/sid/311024/cid/18526422/1960-Leaf-Sales-Confectionery-Film-Stars-22-Elvis-Presley

    The blue bordered set is 1978 Monty Gum https://www.tcdb.com/ViewSet.cfm/sid/217029/1978-Monty-Gum-Elvis-Presley

    I like the Sears Roebuck price tag. $0.89

    ReplyDelete
  3. He might not have been one of my favorites either, but he had a HUGE following. Those cards are not in my collection. Nice cards though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The King!
    Thank You, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I wonder what my kids will think of the music that I listen to...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, not sure if I have any Elvis cards! I recall there may be a Heritage Newsflash card I have tucked away somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent records collection! I was always meaning to get some Elvis cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been a fan of his since I was a wee lad, though my "collection" consists only of some records and CD's.

    ReplyDelete