Monday, August 7, 2023

Finishing up the 1958 Topps

 The winner last night was:


I wish it was a final wrap meaning the set was complete, but it is not.


























I can't wait until every page is just like the one above.... full!










I went to the Jacksonville card show this past Saturday. I over did my budget for the day, but it was within the monthly budget so I will limit myself on Wednesday when I head over to Ormond. I only mention this today as I made several purchases one deal was not what I would call a good deal actually two were not, but several others were amazing deals. One of the great deals was a 5,000 count box. Was a guy I buy from 68 times a year from. It was ALL vintage, and he was selling them at a quarter a piece. TWENTY FIVE CENT vintage you read that correct. He knows I usually buy the whole box, and when I was flipping through them and just from the first two rows had pretty much all of the cards pulled I asked how much. He usually lets me get boxes from $40-80.00. He looked at me, and said that box? Really? I said yes seriously. I'll give you the details in the next week or two. We are talking 57-78.

13 comments:

  1. I really like that Murray Dickinson card. Goofy! And that Aaron/Mantle card.... drool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved that all Star subset. Your Ditmar is really sharp, and the Furillo is a nice one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overspending but still great deals. I feel like I've heard this story before.. But it's never tiring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made two bad deals. Three good deals that are actually great deals.

      Delete
  4. Musial, Spahn, and Mathews win this round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pre 80’s stuff for a quarter?!! That’s what I’m talking about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually paid 4 cents a piece. (probably a nickel).

      Delete
  6. Tell that quarter-vintage guy to travel to the northeast.

    Sometimes I think I should collect the '58 set just to get a few more background colors since EVERY SINGLE DODGER IS YELLOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice progress on the set. Aaron and Mantle make quite a pair of history makers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Herzog already looks like an old man here haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Mantle/Aaron is always amazing to see. Can't wait to hear about all deals you made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I wish I could get a deal like that on vintage. Like Night Owl says, we don't have those in the northeast.

    I wish there were real photo backgrounds on these but the blocks of color still look good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 5k count box full of vintage? Man... I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete