Thursday, August 17, 2023

Incoming from Dime Box and the Lost Collector

 Like most of us, I did not go to the National. I've never been. I don't know that I ever will. I am thankful though that on any given weekend I can go to a card show sometimes two if I want too. That works for me, but it doesn't mean that I can't get cards from the National. Dime Box Nick hit me up with some goodies straight from the National.



I know I've mentioned this before but I really love those 2003 Topps Retired cards or whatever they are called. 

Nick sent me two fat team bags one full of PC guys and the other with Braves. I didn't scan them all. I highlighted 1 scan worth of the PC guys, and the Braves that I thought I needed. You will see the Braves cards that I did actually need again in an upcoming post.



I didn't need the first two (I thought I might need the Buhl for the set build and the Torre for that set build but I didn't). I do have nearly all of the Braves in the Topps flagship run except for a few Hank Aarons, a Spahn variation, heck most variations for that matter. That Chipper in the center is the hot box parallel, it is my very first one from that parallel set.



I needed that first card it is the black parallel and I also needed the Francoeur. Going from memory I guessed right on half of them. 


I also got another surprise from AJ (The Lost Collector). I scanned them first, then later checked to see if I needed any.


I wound up needing the Freddie, the green Absolute Pache, the all black Medlen.

It felt good knocking a dozen all total from above off my needs lists. It really doesn't happen that often, not even by me. See I never go to a show or shop looking for anything specific. Nine times out of ten I don't even carry my set build lists with me, and even then rarely take them out of the vehicle. No, for me I look for the bargains hoping to knock some Braves needs out. Doing that for years on end I have certainly gained some Braves dupes. Maybe 20K I guess. I am better these days although it still happens. I see a card and in my stack it goes without thought. One of these days I may change the way I buy at shows but I doubt it. I typically do my specific Braves shopping online from SL, CB, and Comc. But it isn't the same feeling when a card you need therefore want just shows up in your mailbox. FEELS GOOD! Thanks again to Nick and AJ for the cards. I appreciate them very much, they have already been removed from my lists, added to TCDB and placed on a book shelf where one day I will get them into appropriate binders.




7 comments:

  1. That Verlander is kinda fun. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the amount of stuff you get, I think you don't need the National!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey 3 out of 9 cards I sent were needs..I'll take it given how many Braves you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a higher percentage than I get when I go to shows, lol.

      Delete
  4. That goalie Pudge card is a fun one.

    Having my wantlists on my blog means I can access it on my phone which has proven useful many times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm liking this whole "send cards to people who couldn't hit the national" thing which I'm seeing all over.

    ReplyDelete