Sunday, June 18, 2023

Masonic Monday: Uncle Sam

 The winner Friday night was: Bo.


Now Continuing our patriotic theme (we are heading to Independence Day) with Uncle Sam. Can't get much more Patriotic than that (but yes you can). But do you know how "he" came to be? Who was he? Was he a real person?


You are just going to have to read and find out.













I'll be starting and finishing the June trip to the card shop in Ormond Beach this week. Yep, should take all week. This was the trip 4 days after the Jacksonville show this month where I bought that junk wax collection. Well.... see you tomorrow.


7 comments:

  1. Thank you!

    Somehow I never made the connection between Uncle Sam and the initials U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Classic Uncle Sam poster is so cool.

    Hope ya'll had a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reading. I guess I didn't realize there was a real person that Uncle Sam came from. I had always thought that it was a fictional character. History was not really my favorite school subject.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen that Britannia poster before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And after I thought he was just a made up propaganda salesman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Learned some stuff there, thanks! Got the PWE before the weekend; you're sending out on-card autos now?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam is good dude. I have my doubts, but it sure would be nice if he could stick around for a while longer.

    ReplyDelete