Wednesday, June 28, 2023

June Clearwater, FL card show.

 I am telling you (again) that it feels so good to be caught up with the blog posts and scans related to the card shows. That said the last show I attended was Clearwater on June 10th skipping New Port Ritchie, St. Pete, and Tampa. It feels good not running all over, while at the same time it feels good to be back home knowing I can always find a card show within 2 hours of me (usually two shows every weekend). I was wore slap out and I can feel the difference these past two and half weeks. I was actually going to skip the Jax show too this coming Saturday but I am thinking I'll go. I just need to keep my ass cheeks squeezed more than usual if you know what I mean. I completely blew my budget to hell and back the last few months. So that was also a well needed rest (on the bank account). That doesn't mean if I see an opportunity for a big deal, well I must oblige and try at least to make it happen. LOL!


Alright, the winner last night was: John Sharp


In Clearwater I only made two purchases, 1 from Justin which is probably going to be my last for some time. The other however the a haul. These 2 guys had monsters boxes that were unpriced so I asked and they said it depends on what you pull. We collector's don't like that, do we? I explained to him (the main guy) just how I operate. Pulling hundred of cards typically. He then said well, figure most of the cards are a buck a piece. I told him I am going to get a HUGE stack.... stacks even you'll need to get boxes for me to put them in so they don't tip over. Also I need a chair. He laughed accommodated my requests, and made it pretty clear he was going to make me a good deal. Now mind you I peeked in the boxes before I said anything and was blown away with some of the stuff in these boxes. There were 8 monster boxes and I spent about 2 hours tearing them up. I scanned them, half of them and will spread the haul over 3 posts counting this one.



Mt Braves are up first. That Freddie up top is a 3D Topps card. You will see lots of those later. Turns out I didn't need those two Bowman 1st editions, oh well. SPOILER ALERT. I got everything you see here tonight, and the next two posts at 3 for a buck. 





Now for the rest of the cards.




HMMM. Vintage Post, more Bowman 1st edition of young stars, and holy crap Batman, Holiday variation SP's.




A page full of those 3D cards, yet there are more.



See, I told you so.




Some of those Ben Ballers were first time for me seeing them. I like them. They don't resemble the regular Topps Chrome cards. Granted it is not a big change but it is certainly noticeable, and I like most of them.




Topps X Steve Aoki cards.





Greg.......Greg...... look what I found..... lol.




These truly were dollar box cards. If I were only buying a few cards I wouldn't have a problem shelling out a buck like that Buehler relic card. I paid .33 for it.  yea me.





Okay looks like we hit the Flagship Parallel section (there's more). I'll pick up right where we left off tomorrow night. Have a great night.



20 comments:

  1. I see an Arraez 3D I need to add to my PC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure that one is sitting in the prize pool right now, so win the contest!

      Delete
  2. You are definitely the Master Negotiator when it comes to card shows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Topps 3Ds look cool. I haven't seen any of those in hand, but they scan pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never knew they made 3D cards in modern designs.

    Those '85 design Ben Baller cards look surprisingly good. The '86 is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know (BEN BALLer) those are the ones I was talking about, love em. As for the TOPPS 3D cards.
      2011- Lineage 25 cards set
      2012- Archives 25 card set plus parallels.
      2017- Heritage 15 card set
      2018 to current Flagship & update combined a 100 card set. Topps has notes on the 23' set now on their site (or just google it- it comes up first).

      Delete
  5. Hey, that's me, appreciate you!

    Hope everyone is doing well, having a good collecting week.

    p.s. love that Jake Cronenworth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like there's a little change in the Ben Baller cards to jazz them up, though maybe disappointed it wasn't drastically different than the regular Topps Chrome versions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing deals yet again. Everyone needs to have a Johnnny with them when card shopping

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that Ben Baller Dodgers WS set already, ordered it shortly after they won. You can send me most of the other Dodgers here though.

    No prices on the monster boxes and then the "depends what you pull" quote. That would've gotten a walk away from me. Not a negotiator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noice as always. That 89 throwback makes me remember that 2024 Topps will feature that as their 35th anniversary insert.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I have the attention span to pull cards for 2 hours ! You are one dedicated collector, and the deals you get are well earned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assure you I have to take a few breaks, stretch the legs, neck, and most of all my back. The shoulders take a beating too.

      Delete
  11. Nice haul! I know I couldn't do the show sorting like that. Whatever break you get is well-deserved. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I would have been able to buy some of those Topps 3D when they were released. I remember clicking on the link back in 2019... but it was already sold out. Don't even think I got the link for the other years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent stuff as usual, but I don't get why the Dodgers WS set has retired guys in it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lot of great inserts as usual. Have fun sorting through them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy moly, 3D in the bargain box too? Those sell out so fast on Topps.com. I don't blame you for grabbing every last one of those.

    ReplyDelete