Friday, June 2, 2023

A combination

 As per my usual contest reminder (once a month) just throwing out the rules for anyone not familiar with them. They are simple and as follows:

1) Follow this blog.

2) Comment on the weekday posts before midnight EST each night.


Now let's take a look at the Brave cards that I pulled from Leesburg (already scrubbed against the needs list), and also the Braves from the Clearwater show. In Leesburg I bought about 1,500 Braves cards, yes 1,500. With that said there was a box of Chippers with about 600 cards in it making up for more than a third of the cards. 

Spoiler alert: The box of Chippers were mainly duplicates with only 100 different Chippers. I did need 23 of those and that was pretty good.  Now yeah I wasted a dime on roughly 575 cards, but I am okay and didn't to skip McDonalds that week, lol.







I must mention that first Greg Maddux Donruss VxP card. I did already own one but it is still sealed in the box along with the cd rom card.



The Stadium Club True Colors looks so good in person.... Beautiful card.





That is not an actual 1988 Dale Murphy, it is an insert from 2011.






I will mention those two Braves autos in another post coming soon.





In case you didn't catch it I scanned these Braves in chronological order. 

I'll have a few posts (maybe squeeze them into two) from the Clearwater show and other than some incoming packages from traders should have my scan files depleted just in time for me hitting Jacksonville tomorrow followed by trips to Gainesville and Ormond Beach.

It feels so good to be caught up on the blog. Current is good. BTW....


The winner last night was RJ.

16 comments:

  1. The 1990 Score Rookie Dream Team card of Mark Lemke almost looks like it's a T-206 card - I think the original subset was supposed to be inspired by the old-time tobacco cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have a random VxP card or two. Had no idea they came with a CD-ROM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of stuff from my childhood sets in those first few pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I see a cool Andres Galarraga, I think 'Oh yeah, Galarraga!!' Why don't I have more cool Big Cats??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy a good Pacific card especially the crowns. Not so much the online ones. Hope you're over what you had last week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a good start to a 2022 Topps Kyle Muller rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, amazed at the cards that you find...or maybe they find you.

    Headed to a card show in South Bend tomorrow.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So it would appear you are something of a Braves fan? #goTigers

    Nice cards anyway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice variety of cards and numerous parallels. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're all caught up. Haven't said that in probably over a year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caught up as far as backlogged posts/scan files. I am still 3+ years behind in sorting and putting in the binders, lol.

      Delete
  11. I got the 2 PWE's of winnings yesterday. Great stuff! Thanks again, and have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's a lot of good 90's stuff in those first couple of scans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh nice a Topps Magazine card. I should probably try working those at some point. I should also really grab some of the Pacific Crown crown cards. Feels like the binder is missing something without those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally like Pacific sets, I miss them. They used to get pretty wild/crazy, but I couldn't resist.

      Delete
  14. Got my cards yesterday. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete