Friday, June 16, 2023

Last one! Just kidding. Maybe?

 The winner last night was RJ.


I did go to Ormond yesterday and did half of what I wanted to do. Feeling tired I headed back 2 hours early, just in time to catch that nasty rain all the way home. I was planning on going to buy a new refrigerator today and to that NPR card show tomorrow. Nope. I didn't leave the house today, so the fridge is on for tomorrow, and no show. A weekend of rest. 


Up tonight are cards I bought in Jax from a new to that show dealer. I seen him at the end. (That is what distracted me when I left my 1/1 Chipper). I had just dropped my last $65.00 on that Chipper so no cash in the wallet. I figured it would be safe to check out the new guys stuff, he had a lot.


Oh my goodness. I have never seen such an organized table of cards, tables actually. Beautiful clean new boxes. Organized by team, I am thinking okay this guy is going to be a little higher just on the time he put into the setup and the organization of the cards. He had everything separated. I was really in awe....impressed. So I spotted my box with the almost full row of Braves. He had noticed my Braves hat and shirt and jumped around about the time I spotted them. He said I moved the Braves right up from because it seems like all of the kids that were this morning were Braves fan. He was a tall thin guy in his 30's with really long hair. Long and pulled back in a pony tail, and he was still getting his groove on this late in the day, jumping around helping people (he had another guy working the table with him too). Vey helpful, very courteous, all around nice. So I say to him (checking the temperature if you know what I mean). Yeah I like the Braves, how much are these (the cards nor the boxes were not marked). Between $1-3.00. I quickly followed that up with I may pull a big stack, how good of a deal will you cut me? He looked at me and smiled, said I'll take care of you.

There were about 3-400 Braves cards and I pulled 82. I handed them to him and said how much? He didn't count them, look any up on his phone, just said $40.00. So I paid slightly less than fifty cent each. OOPS! I had no more cash, so I said to him do you take debit cards, he didn't, so I told him to hang on to them there was an ATM in the hotel lobby. He cool. OOPS again, machine out of service. Crap, I wanted those cards so I head back in to tell him the machine was down. He was with another customer and Justin who was set up in that room comes over, and I tell him my problem. he handed me forty bucks said just right me another check we're good.


Here are those cards.



Yes, I knew I grabbed two of the Harris. 



That will be the last time I grab that shiny Freddie. I've bought like 5 of them. UGH. It just so purdy, but I will remember I don't need it.




I probably had most of these.




But not these other than the gold star Freeman and a couple of the camo cards.



I had picked up some of the Montgomery 582 parallels not long ago, but couldn't remember which ones. About 50/50 here with neeeds.



I needed all 5 of the ASG parallels, and 2 of the 3 purple cards.




These were a wash, had them.




Needed all but the Aaron Ginter X. The Platinum anniversary are refractors.



3 of these were new to me.



I needed the Gohara gold border mini.


I hope I see him again. But I am slowing down for a couple of months. If I do another show it will be Jax. But it may be months before I do any spending on bulk buys. 


Have a great weekend.


17 comments:

  1. I can't pass up those Platinum Anniversary refractors whenever I see them. Nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slowing down to work on organizing what you've got?

    Michael Harris is thinking hard about that hamburger. Weird card but fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of. Need to resume the re-organizing that I was doing before I went show crazy, lol. I need to get my collection the way it needs to be (6 projects in all), then get back to work on the garage.

      Delete
  3. I like the Ben Baller Topps Chrome cards - the black borders and shine almost makes them look like parallels at first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have a great story! Thank goodness for your connections

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good deal on these. Hope you can get some rest during your slow down period.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those heart of the city cards. I had thought about a set chase but i already have too many
    Matt-CardsOverCoffee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa Topps used the 1970T photo pf Aaron in Ginter? That's a bizarrely poor choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anytime you can add a Aaron or Matthew's card, it's a good day.

    Ya'll have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Freeman Heart of the City really jumps out. Nice cards as always. It is a good idea sometimes to back things down a gear and take it easy. OOPS! it's after the 12 Eastern deadline! The races at the dirt track went a little late for me to make the cut. Oh well. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like hearing stories about good sellers like this! Looks like you'll be a repeat customer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ran out of cash? You? I didn't think that that was possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ran out of energy! I'm whooped. But the cash expenses has been out of my budget, so the slow down is going to help that too. Wait let me check to see if I won the lottery last night.... nope. LOL.

      Delete
  12. The Harris is cool. It's like Bob's Burgers meets Topps Kids. Just got back from my Oregon trip and found your PWE waiting for me. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting to see what you found in that flat rate box!

      Delete
  13. Love the story. I'm in that same boat all the time. Spent my allotted money for the show and stop at one more table just to look. Almost always find something and have to go through the thought process of how to pay for it. I gotta learn to just keep on walking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad that I didn't keep walking that time. Was very happy to add a lot of those cards to my Braves collection. The slow down I've started should help me get back to normal and sticking within my budget. Not going to shows every weekend will do that. That way if and when I stumble across a super deal I can feel comfortable to make the deal.

    ReplyDelete