Tuesday, June 20, 2023

I did that again??????

 The winner last night was: John Sharp


Okay, last week I finished the story about the junk wax I bought at the Jacksonville card show a couple of weeks ago. I started that story the week prior and left y'all hanging for a few days yet I showed no cards. Well that is not going to be the case for the junk collection I bought just 4 days after the last one. Nope, this time around I have some scans, days worth too. I bought another collection while at the card shop in Ormond. I even paid more for that one by $50.00. Why in the world would I do that? I'll tell you why as we progress through the haul. Don't get me wrong I also bought some of my normal stuff while I was there, a lot in fact and I will get to that stuff eventually.



Why did I pay $225.00 for a whole bunch of junk wax? Because it was scattered with vintage. The above scans and the vintage below were all dupes that I didn't need, but they were in the collection.













I didn't need a single one of the above for my set builds. I did however move most of the stars to my PC boxes to find out another day if I need them there. Hey and there were a couple of non baseball cards in the mix as well.


Again, dupes and not needed. But let us peek at some other goodies that was the boxes.



A few graded cards highlighted with the Arod rookie, but I didn't need that either. The Sample Palmeiro was new to me though.



The 1990 Topps Larry Walker is the Tiffany (glossy) rookie sitting with a few other rookies like Jeter!


Some more Junk rookies.



A pair of Jeter rookies, nice grabs even though I do not them I am keeping them.




A couple of Kirby Puckett rookies. A couple of Starting Lineup cards.





A slathering of nice rookie cards here. Needless to say, but I do have these probably in both the set builds and the PC, but just in case that is where they sit.



I purposely posted the dupe Salmon and Piazza Mother's cookies as when I bought these both were PC guys, alas I have decided to thin out the monstrosity of PC guys. Moving (at least in my head) many binder guys to either box guys or straight out dumping them (in the future that is) into my dupes/trade boxes. Yep dumping 30 or 40 guys altogether with another 50 or so moving to the maybe later boxes. At the same time I will be moving a handful of the maybe later /future guys to the PC.



There was some odd ball stuff in the collection too.  Want to know what this is?






Round Playing cards. Quite a bit more to get through over the course of this week from the trip to Ormond. There was a box of books in that junk collection too and I haven't scanned them yet, but do plan on it. 


19 comments:

  1. Very hard to call that a "junk" collection with that many amazing cards. Maybe a "mixed" collection would be better. Whatever you call it, that's a terrific haul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I will never get tired of seeing all the awesome stuff you haul in. And I love that term "Junk Rookie".

    ReplyDelete
  3. That A-Rod Focus Pocus card seems so shiny - I wonder if it pops in-person like it does in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you got a great deal with those. I see a Robin Roberts rookie, Tony LaRussa rookie, Don Sutton 2nd year, plus the Elway, Favre, Jeter, Boggs, and Gwynn rookies you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those round playing cards are really cool. Is there a year printed on them? I would have gone nuts over this collection... with all of those vintage stars and 80's and 90's rookie cards. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whole bunch of good stuff, most of which I actually have! (That's a switch). ... This reminded me I'm supposed to sent you my '69 and '70 Topps wants. I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun seeing those young faces!

    Haven't checked mail in a while, there were a few PWE from you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow looks like a bargain. I've never seen that baseball disc set before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice stuff! A few of my favorite team as well. Minnesota Twins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Favre and Jeter rookies are always a good thing. Nice haul, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that is a surprise! Some wonderful amazing stuff in that 'junk wax'! My faves are the Floods, LaRussa, Elway, Walker minors and the Yount, Eck and Brett 'rcs'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always nice to see some Mothers Cookies cards I've not seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some nice stuff there! Don't think I've seen the Mother's Cookies Salmon/Piazza before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely a fun assortment and nix mix of older and new(er). Love seeing that Focus Pocus A-Rod!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great haul. The round playing cards are unique

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was a pretty good group of duplicates for you.

    ReplyDelete