Tuesday, May 9, 2023

The OMG box.

We have a psychic among us. The winner last night was: Crocodile.


EARLIER THIS YEAR SOMEONE POSTED ABOUT NEEDING A CARD OR TWO FOR THE 1990 FLEER ALL STAR SET AND ANOTHER SET TOO. AT LEAST I THINK THAT IS ONE OF THE SETS. IF THAT WAS YOU I FOUND MY SPARE SETS. LET ME KNOW WHICH ONES YOU NEEDED. ASAP.


Now let's explain this OMG (Oh my Goodness) box, I actually worked last Thursday night. I put in 5 hours of which 1 hour was drive time to and from. The "appointment" normally would have been 1-2 hrs. I spent 4 hours there. It wasn't bad... it is just what was needed for one of the now new clients. I did what was needed. I also had cake and coffee during, and about a half dozen homemade chocolate chip cookies (they were really good). They even tried to give a bushel of fresh picked peaches from their tree. I did pass on those. I actually prefer my peaches from a can with syrup. Yes, I said that and I am from Georgia!


By now you are probably wondering what does any  of that have to do with the OMG box. Well.... a lot actually. Since I came home my laptop has pretty much been sitting on my desk, right where it is right now in fact. Well knowing I needed my laptop for the work I went ahead and dusted off the carrying case and placed my laptop inside. Still waiting aren't you?


After removing my laptop from my desk I was able to see beneath the glass desk top below where my laptop sat. There was this box sitting there, and on top was that familiar receipt like thing COMC places on each box.  


I had to research my previous orders to see when it was from. I knew my excel sheets had a ton of cards marked as comc, but I figured those were all going to be in the soon to be shipped (5/9) order. Anyways, the research shows this was all bought late December last year and shipment requested in January of this year. It was delivered on February 4th. 

I completely forgot about it for sure. Out of sight out of mind. 

Pretty much a Braves thing. So let's see what had been waiting for me to check off as actually having in my possession after being here for 4 months.



Pretty much Braves after that first one. There were a pair of that very Maddux DK as I needed one for the DK set build too as well as the Braves team/PC.




A bunch of parallel Braves. Plenty more coming too.




Ah, the missing 2022 Logfractor edition braves. I knew I had bought all four, but only had 1 to show for it. The 2013 McCann is a mini.




The Hanson up top is the variation white jersey.










I remember tearing up my Bowman Braves parallel needs.




There is the other 2001 Maddux DK sitting right next to the 2000 DK.




I grabbed a pair of those Babe Ruth Braves cards. One for the set build.




The Magenta back is the variation retro of Freddie Freeman. a The last card is not a Brave it is a Clarke autograph.


There you go.....my OMG box. I'll be sure not to let that happen again....at least I hope not too. I have another ComC should be shipping out tomorrow.



17 comments:

  1. Okay, that's the first time I've heard the term Logofractor, or even seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fascinating to read your adventures in hoarding cards from card shows to misplaced COMC orders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Going for two in a row! Anyway, lots of good stuff. I'm really liking all those DK's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a random Clarke Schmidt auto at the end?! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lead off with the best for me! I love those 2001 Diamond Kings and DK rookies. But I never see them in the wild. Very nice grabs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know if it was me or not - but from the 12-card '90 Fleer All Star set I still need #s 7, 8 and 9. From the 44-card Baseball All Star set I need everyone but Gubicza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. consider the 7, 8, 9 (12 card set)as haves: will be in your next winnings.

      Delete
  7. Glad the box was a bunch of stuff for your Braves collection. Hopefully you didn’t repurchase any of them. I like all of the refractors and parallels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were 5 cards that I had picked up along the way.

      Delete
  8. Nice cards! I know I have a missing box somewhere. Unfortunately, it has been somewhere in a landfill for a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's no way I could forget a COMC order arrival. I practically have a parade down the street when one shows up in my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep digging! Maybe there's more treasure under the OMG box!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every once in a while, I find a box of stuff like this in my warehouse loft where thing go to die. They are always a mis-mash of stuff that was on my desk at one time or another and I have stuffed into a box to get out of the way. There is always a surprise or something I have been looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many refractors! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having had missing cards on more than one occasion in the past from COMC, I could never go more than a day without checking the contents of a box from them to make sure that everything is there.

    ReplyDelete