Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Some from here and some from there.

 The winner last night was: Bo


I was was all over the place at the beginning of this month. Those first two weeks seen me in Jax, Ormond beach, Gainesville, Leesburg, Clearwater, and Mount Dora. No wonder I was run down and fell sick. I am better now and looking forward to hitting up the card show in Jacksonville this coming weekend. Reader Bill Kearney from Maryland is supposed to be there too. Might even pop over to Ormond again too. That should be fun, always good to meet up with a trading bud from somewhere else.


Now as I mentioned last night here are cards that I picked up from Meely Pops in Gainesville. They don't have any dime boxes or quarter boxes either. If it isn't a hit the cards get sleeved and put into team shoeboxes. They charge fifty cents, but you know me I made the upfront inquiry to buying a lot, nothing was actually agreed too to begin with, so some negotiating at "checkout" was necessary. In the end it all worked out and I do plan on returning to finish those boxes as I didn't get through all 30 teams. There are 6-8 boxes left that I need to dig through. 



You know darn well I started with the Braves box.






















That is after the scrubbing against the Braves needs list, so I marked a bunch off of the needs for sure. I did NOT scan the non Braves this go around in an effort to get caught up.  (I bought about 1500 cards in all). 

For your further entertainment tonight I am posting the dime cards that were not Braves that I picked up in Leesburg plus the Leesburg additions that were not a dime. I'll squeeze a post out in the coming days covering the Braves cards from Leesburg and the Clearwater show all together. 














That's enough of the 10 cent cards for now, the Braves portion will fill you in days ahead. 


The following cards were NOT a dime and many will be self explanatory.



Holiday variations and a relic.




Much needed Diamond Kings, you know these years certainly can not be had for a dime, lol.







That is the black scribble Billy Ripken card. Blyleven is the 77' cloth sticker.






The Jimmie Foxx is the blue parallel something you don't see often.














The Holiday Judge is metallic. 


18 comments:

  1. Thank you!

    I've never seen that Hank Aaron subset before. It looks fantastic. Topps seems to have even sometimes matched the picture to the event on the card, which they rarely do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna need a bigger boat ... I need that '65 Kershaw chrome and that spiky Piazza diecut is nothing I've seen before. On another matter, there are couple parallel Braves here I once had in my collection, maybe I sent them to you? Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the post of the parallels you sent me not long ago:
      https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/993078840300717263/529462700446651868

      As for the spiky Piazza.... it is a 1997 Fleer Bleacher Blasters #6. Pretty sure I don't have a double there, I might on the Kershaw 65' chrome redux just not sure.

      Delete
  3. I've liked those simulated wood grain cards from Panini Cooperstown, they are something that seems a little different from a regular card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some stunning finds!!! I think I get good deals sometimes, but those are way better. Incredible old Diamond Kings, Clemens RC and many McGwires I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are tough to find in the wild, and usually are pricey when you do.

      Delete
  5. Tons of nice cards there! I always like the 2019 Heritage as it is the only set I have ever tried to build. Mainly SP's and some inserts left to get. About 70 SP's and 70 inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, not sure why but enjoy seeing SLU cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing Starting Lineup cards always makes me smile. Also that Vlad die-cut is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Has anyone written about those Front Row cards? I have a few and have zero idea what they are or where I got them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if anyone has made a post on Front Row cards alone, but I've shown several mixed in with the other stuff I grab. Front Row produced cards from 1991-1995 (I think). I like them. Grab them when I find em cheap.

      Delete
  9. 1500 cards! Don't think I have the patience to grab all that. The Hammer subset is awesome, as is the Topps Holiday variations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, tons of cool stuff. I spy a few great looking die cuts. And I always love seeing 2011 Diamond Anniversary parallels. Those really hold up 12 years later!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shout out. See you Saturday. Also the Ripken Fleer 97 Team Leader is awesome. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  12. 10¢ SLU cards? C'mon. You're killing me. And that 1983 Kellogg's Rickey is awesome. I would have given you any card in my collection back in 1983 for that card. Well... maybe any card except my 83F Ron Kittle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know that I shouldn't, but I like the Cooperstown Lumberjacks set. I've got a few, and keep going back and forth on whether or not I want to get any more. I haven't so far, but I do get very tempted every time I see them.

    ReplyDelete