Friday, May 5, 2023

Cinco de Mayo................ NO MAS

 

Closing out the MARCH Jacksonville card show with some odd balls.

 I decided to let the rest of THAT SPECIFIC CARD SHOW fly here tonight.


In year's past I have had a "Holidates" binder/box where I would post cards of the birthday boys for whatever holiday it was. I missed the last few and purposely missing out on Cinco de Mayo tonight. I won't be doing those anymore for the most part. Once in a while there might be one.


The winner from last night was: Diamond Jesters again.

Some for Mets fans (if there are any, lol). Followed by the Ultimate set.







Gil Hodges.




Jerry Koosman and Tim McGraw's daddy.



Mr. Nolan Ryan.



Tom Seaver.




Ralph Kiner.



Yogi Berra. So, a few guys I collect.


The Ultimate set, at least that is what is named.




I won't complain after all the Babe is sporting a Braves uniform.











Okay, finally the Jax March show is done. I should be able to squeeze the March Tampa show in 1 or 2 posts, then the Apopka. After that I should be good to get the April shows covered in quick fashion. Tuesday I will post up that OMG box I stumbled across.


14 comments:

  1. I'm more of a Mets fan than a Yankees fan. The Ultimate part of that set is the title. The short stories on the backs are informative. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not aware of Moses Walker. Interesting that he's largely forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Ultimate cards are kind of interesting. Haven't seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope yall have a great weekend.
    Enjoy the Baseball and the card shows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a Mets fan but I did enjoy those postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what is in that OMG box. Weren’t you missing some ‘75’s and didn’t know where they went?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, I found my 75' binder. didn't find the original 58' binder, but it's not those either.

      Delete
  7. The Ultimate Baseball Card Set is a cool name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too never heard of the Walker brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those postcards are really cool. Fun to see guys like Kiner and Berra with the Mets instead of their usual teams. As for the Ultimate set... never heard of it... but I really want the Gehrig and Gibson cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Ultimate Baseball Card Set is very interesting. I remember the artist Gerry Dvorak's name as being a person who sold art and cards in SCD back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know there's at least one Mets fan around here. Don't know if he's found his way to your blog though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was not a very good likeness to Babe Ruth, in fact it might be one of the worst that I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete