Wednesday, May 10, 2023

March Apopka card show.

 I'm still going to be running scan heavy this month too. 

Last night's winner was: AJ


Now I went to the Apopka card show 2 months ago. I have no plans to go back, although there is SUPER large flea market close by that I do plan on visiting in the near future like maybe this weekend.



I made three purchases from the show. One was a box pof Topps series one missing just a few stars for $5.00. I planned on sending into to a reader. Now I can that it has been posted. The cards above and the two scans below I pulled from one dealer's dollar boxes. I didn't pay that.




The big get for me was those three individual Cracker Jack Braves. This show was literally the weekend after I posted those full panels I had gotten. Perfect timing.


Now on to the next and last dealer. Sort of  liked this guy, he says he has a permanent booth at that flea market so maybe I'll see him soon. 



He had a monster box up from with sections marked as ten cents, a quarter, and fifty

cents. I didn't go through the .50 section. These were from the quarters.





These are thick cards. You can tell he was from NY and a Yankee fan.














See what I mean by Yankees fan. Now on to the few dime cards I pulled.





Yes, I know someone out there recognizes a few of these are as they just got them not long ago.



The BIG deal here was these two cards. A nice 73' Murcer in a dime box. But the O'Neill (birthday binder guy) Desert Shield. DIME!!!!! My guess he threw the non Yankees O'Neill's in there on purpose. There were a few of his rookies too.

That completely wraps the Apopka show up. Now I can start the Tampa March card show.

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was in a card shop today, and seen those for $12 a piece, no one is ever going to pay that. I was not happy I had to pay a buck for them. To me they should hav ebeen a quarter, then again I'm cheap. lol.

      Delete
  2. Those Swanson cards side by side are kinda fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Cracker Jacks ... That's a lot of time spent pulling Yankees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pretty sure I only spent thirty minutes digging in that box.

      Delete
  4. Something bothers me about that Mattingly 1927 Yankees card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mercer and O'Neill for a dime? Nice deal! Never seen the Cracker Jack cards before. I've eaten a box or two in my younger years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again, overwhelmed by the things you find in these Florida shows. When I was living there I always enjoyed going to the Jacksonville shows and finding Tigers cards that I wanted.

    Good Job! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never knew UD produced a Subway Series set. I knew Topps made one and that kind of paved the way for the ‘World Series boxed sets’ to come ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those subway series relics need a new home… with me lol.

    Great pickups!! Matt-Cards Over Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Subway Series relics are neat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pickups, especially the Desert Storm O'Neill. Why aren't you going back, a bad experience?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all these Yankee cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never seen the Babe Ruth movie poster card. Any idea on its origins?

    ReplyDelete
  13. A desert shield card for a dime? Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Desert Shield for a dime is solid. Cracker Jacks are a nice catch too. The Will Clark from Drakes set the Strawberry is from is kind of annoying me. I can't figure out why it's like $5 on COMC. Also I might need to track down that Collectors Choice Paul ONeill for the multi-image action PC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This vendor's prices are insane. I'd love to check out his flea market booth. Hope you find more awesome goodies when you go.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Desert Shield was a really great get.

    ReplyDelete