Thursday, May 18, 2023

Hitting the Jax April show real hard tonight.

 The winner last night was: Jafronius


Now let's get busy. I'm starting off with the monster boxes that I returned. It has been awhile so I'll re-freshen your memory. I regret returning those boxes. I completely misunderstood what he was saying on what he was giving me for the return. $50.00 a box, that I paid $250.00 for, sure I cherry picked them, but it was pretty much still had all of the same cards as I had pulled. I returned three. So for $150.00 I wish that I had just kept them for trade, those were great cards in those boxes. That works out to 2 cents apiece I wish I just kept them. Anyways, he slapped a couple of hundys on the table, said he didnt have change and I was already in shock, so I said I would rather just trade for them. I squeezed out a little more from the trade, but still. Live and learn. I will not be buying "boxes" from him again. That doesn't mean I won't dig through his boxes, but only as a last resort. You see He also had some Big League which had just been released and that was part of what I was trading for, he had the GOLD Hank Aaron, and a few other color cards. But, he pulled all of the colored cards back out. Hence last resort if I buy from him again. He'll figure it out.



I got some some Braves autos.





















At least he left the regular foil cards. Needless to say, I did not spend a penny with him at the May show. Like I said he'll eventually figure it out. 


Now let's knock out a couple of other vendors while we're at it.

The following came from Daryl or Kyle's cards. I put them together as the cost was .75 a card.



Most of the autos and relics were in Kyles boxes either the $3 or $5.00 but not all of them and Fred charged me .75 same as Daryl.

















Alright that is good for tonight, have a great weekend, needless to say I will be refraining from card shows this weekend (there are 3 of them). UGH!

23 comments:

  1. You need to send some of those cards to me ... That's some high-level negotiating there, I don't do any of that at shows -- too stressful and I don't have the head for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Kaline/Murph auto is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaline and Murphy seems like an odd combination for a dual-auto card. Is there some connection between the two, or was it just a random pairing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to


    Those 8-Bit Ballers cards look so similar to the custom stickers Nine Pockets made that I think he's entitled to a cut of the royalties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some really great stuff there. The one that I am jealous of is the Ionix Chipper insert. Love that set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cards. Very nice group of relics and autos. Too bad the show deal didn't work out like you thought it would. Have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Manning and Snell autos!!
    You should tough it out and go to the shows! You won’t regret it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to risk giving whatever I have to someone else.

      Delete
  8. Also, is that Screetch card up for trade? I’ll probably be seeing him in a few weeks at a Nats game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already packaged those mascots up for some one else. sorry.

      Delete
  9. The Ronald Acuña autos are sweet and so is the Kaline / Murphy dual, even though they are on stickers and not on card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lot of good things on 2023 Big League this year.

    Hope yall have a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's a ton of relics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo, back in the win column! I don't have the courage or patience to wheel and deal like you do. All those relics though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really isn't much wheeling & dealing.. I pull my stack and if I didn't tell the seller in advance I expect a good BULK deal, then I ask how much and either I'm good with it (which is most cases) or I say what I had in mind. They usually take that and if not I put the cards back in the boxes (rarely). example. How much? $50.00, I was thinking $30.00. done.

      Delete
    2. I usually round everything down to the nearest multiple of $20 and offer that.

      Delete
  13. Wow, love seeing so many great cards. The Big League inserts really are cool.

    Nice Acuna autos. Every time my kid asks me to buy him a hobby box, I always say 'wouldn't you just rather I buy you an Acuna auto or something instead?'

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like a lot of those big league inserts. I hate that most of them aren't one-per-team.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card hauls are insane. Love the framed Acuna auto! The Kaline and Murphy dual auto is cool too. Any idea why UD paired them up?

    ReplyDelete
  16. no clue, I didn't read the back so it might say. I'll check it out once I put it in Murphy's binder.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of great stuff here. I'm like you at shows, I like to wheel and deal and almost never pay the asking price.

    ReplyDelete