Tuesday, May 23, 2023

baseball from Dr.

The winner last night was: TDK


Scans are in your future, lots of scans. Everything here tonight came from "Doc". He charged me a total of $25.00. Doc is the seller who I was buying all of those monster boxes of dime cards from for $20.00 sometimes less from. In fact, there were 5 this go around, and he offered them to me all for $85.00, but I passed as I did not want to deal with any of the football, basketball, soccer, hockey, junk bb, non sport, wrestling, and UFC cards. I dug through pulled a little over a hundred. Then dug through his one dollar box and grabbed a handful more. 







Had to get the Braves out first.






























     That's pretty good for $25.00. More from the April Jax. show all week.

18 comments:

  1. Nice haul.

    That Denver Bears Niekro card is an interesting one, even thought Topps really butchered the '60 design it looks like they were going for.

    If Topps or someone else was making minor league cards in 1960, Niekro could have been in one, he was in the minors in 1959.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Panini cards have so much shine, sometimes they are hard on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 questions. What kind of refractors were the Austin Riley and Christian Yelich ones? What was with Bobby Bradley B2 card? Do you collect him or did that one stand out for some reason? I have the same card and I didn’t think he was a big star or promising prospect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) 2022 Topps Chrome Sonic black/white Ray Wave.
      2) no, I don't collect him, but that card is the variation B2.

      Delete
  4. Cool stuff! I like the Mosaic Man of Mystery Vlad, haven't seen those before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice buy! I'm building a 2019 Topps Heritage set and there was a very nice Henderson that looked similar to a 1970 Topps design. You certainly make some great connections with card sellers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I'm going through a time warp with some of those cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not bad looking parallels, if that's your thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Johnny Bench on a modern Panini release looks out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rickey, Posey, Altuve, Gwynn, Tatis, Carew, Thomas, and Ohtani = hitting all kinds of my PC guys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geez, you find some of the best deals from these sellers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Doc sounds like a great guy. Does he set up at the Jax show?

    ReplyDelete
  12. most of the time. he takes a month or two off here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that Pristine Bordes Carew.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Speaking of "doctors", how is that cold of yours doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. still hanging around, but only slightly. another day or two

      Delete