Tuesday, May 16, 2023

INCOMING: from all over the place.

 The winner last night was Jeremy.


Now, I have a bunch of incoming cards from the last several weeks that need to get posted. Some from fellow bloggers, readers, Ebay wins and the like. Let's get started.


Card Barrel. These were sitting in my cart for too long.








Now for cards from an Ebay win.



I had been watching this BIN for a couple of months hoping and waiting for the seller to send me an offer....He didn't. I finally made an offer that was accepted. All 22 Braves cards from the base set. My offer for the lot was $5.00 less than what the seller wanted and also discounted for shipping and taxes so I saved a little over 10.00.


Next up is a dandy. A well loved T206 Brave. This was what I believed to be the last Brave that I needed. Turns out there is one more plus the Atlanta Crackers will be on my radar.




Now onto a "mess of parallels" from the Night Owl. His words, not mine. I love parallels. That is NOT to say I hate the fact that there are way too many. I think there should only be 1 parallel set. PERIOD.



I needed 8 of the 9.

This "ONE" is another Ebay win. Turns out it was a local dealer (nearby (1 1/2 hrs away). Also one which I had been buying from for years via by dealer buddy Fred up in Jax. He sells cards for Kyle often on his table. After I won this card and got it, I reached out to the shop owner, let him know who I was and that I planned on a trip to his shop and meet up with Fred who goes there once a week.




A one of one (1 of 1). It is a sticker autograph, but it is John Smoltz, a Brave, a HOFer, and acetate card, and I only paid $27.00 delivered! I can live that. Especially the 1 of 1 thing. I will post up my trip to his shop tomorrow. It was as good as a card show, being I spent 6 hours there digging through almost everything he had in the shop. 



16 comments:

  1. Beautiful bunch of cards. And I totally agree with the 'only one parallel set' idea. Not that it would ever happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the pickups! Both the T206 and Smoltz 1/1 are beauts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 hours, wow! The Smoltz is pretty great, but the T206 is the winner here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the 1994 Bowman style Bowman Heritage cards.

    I also like the Stadium Club Chrome, though I tend to think I prefer the regular cards where the images kind of stand out more, rather than the idea the cards are shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That T206 is great! What do you you think of Card Barrel? Haven't used it yet, not been able to find enough cards to make the $14 shipping to Canada worthwhile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been buying from Ahmed for a decade now, it used to be called Just Commons. It is always a good choice to check between Sport Lots and CB before buying, as for the International shipping, maybe reach out to him with that idea that Bo posted regarding Canada postage.

      Delete
  6. The shiny I sent is no match for that T206. ... Got me curious on which card was not a need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget now, but I'm sure it was a need when you put it together. I've been adding so many Braves these last few months it takes me awhile to update my webpage. I treat all Braves needs equally, lol. To a certain extent anyway.

      Delete
  7. I also fully agree one parallel set is enough. And no more parallel insert sets either: 10 insert sets are enough without parallels to those too. Makes you miss 1992.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you on the parallels. Some of them are very hard to pick out from the rest. This is especially true (in my opinion) when the base cards have a shiny/colored finish. Some very nice cards shown in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh damn always a red letter day to get a T206.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don’t know why that Stadium Club Chrome with Aaron doesn’t mention Mays as well.
    Like Derek, I’ve been thinking about using Card Barrel (and maybe SportsLots), as once I get my Topps set wantlists I have a feeling 75% of the stuff I need will be common stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's kinda crazy that collectors can buy a one-of-one card signed by a hall of famer for $27. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think that I could bring myself to buy anything from Leaf (the current version) for $27.

    ReplyDelete