Thursday, July 20, 2023

The new guy: Part Three

 The winner last night was: Bo


Now getting right at it.




All but 1 of the cards above are from last year's Archives insert set 1988 Topps Big.




Can anybody say ICE ICE BABY!









Finishing tonight with a slew of those Topps On Demand Dynamic Duals. There was a bunch of them. 


Will wrap up the cards from the "new guy" tomorrow night. I will say this....I know I am going to the Jax show in August so that I can see Chuck and hang out a bit with him and Fred, but I am pretty sure I will spend the rest of the show going through this guys other team boxes to see what goodies I can dig from those.




15 comments:

  1. On Demand for pennies on the dollar? You did hit a gold mine with this guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm warming up to the 1988 Topps Big Archives cards. They are pretty sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    Those shiny Topps Bigs are cool, especially the vintage players.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also liked Topps recognizing Willie Randolph, really underrated Yankee.

      Delete
  4. I like the dynamic duo's but those ice cards hurt my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Topps Big cards as well though the dual player cards look a little sleepy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up after being away. Never heard of those dynamic duo cards. Not impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dynamic duals all together like this end up looking kind of like mistrims.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Ichiro Topps Big and the Cracked Ice cards. I'm very happy with Christian Yelich this year so glad to see him in Ice form.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could have been a few different combinations for the Twins duo. Winfield and Molitor are not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Echoing the others on the Topps Big enjoyment. Now that I think about it, I liked the original cards other than their size. I feel like I have a bunch of damaged ones

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you wouldn’t have said those Dynamic Duals are an on demand product, I would’ve thought it was just an insert from Update that I missed out on pulling. Gives off a very late 2000’s/early 2010’s insert vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Larkin/Davis Dual. Always on the lookout for nice Eric Davis cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Cabrera/Abreu Dynamic Duals sticks out like a sore thumb...gotta be on the same team!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Archives insert set of 1988 Topps Big is fantastic. One of a handful of newer Topps inserts that I truly love.

    ReplyDelete