Sunday, July 16, 2023

MASONIC MONDAY (BACK TO BASEBALL): HOF Earle Combs and Abraham Lincoln!

 The winner Friday night was : SCC matt for the 2nd time in the week!


The All Star game has gone and went. My National League won for the first time in a long time. I hope that continues.... that is providing there is a game. As promised we are back to some baseball players for our Monday articles. 5 weeks worth (at least).


This first one is a short one so I added a short BONUS article.








See that was short and here is how Abe Lincoln ties into tonight's post.






Next week we'll have a "submariner" pitcher. I hadn't heard of him before reading that article. Go figure his name pops up in at least one of the other articles too!

12 comments:

  1. I usually watch the All Star game every year, and until the final out. This year I only made it until about the start of the 7th. It was boring to me, and I really hate the in-game interviews of players on the field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 200% with you there. I can't really watch a ballgame on tv anymore because of that.

      Delete
  2. It mentioned that Combs was a decon at his church for many years. I kind of find it odd how a pretty decent ball player could be in a prominent position at a church without being thronged by kids/fans back then. I know of a guy who played 4 total MLB seasons in the ‘80’s and barely had cups of coffee, and he’s had people find out he teaches Sunday School at his church and track down the church’s address and send autograph requests for him there since they weren’t getting replies from his residence. People need a little privacy so they can serve in positions that they like to such as ones in churches without the fear of being bombarded by fans every 2 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fans back in those days, were definitely a little more respectful.

      Delete
  3. Disappointed that Romano got hurt but the Jays didn't do too badly without him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both articles full of great information. My Wife's family still resides in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weeeee! Thanks!!

    I always look forward to these posts. Sometimes a switch up from cards is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replying to my comment, this is Matt-SCC HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah that assassination kinda messed up Lincoln's plans too.

    I haven't seen the ASG in a few years since I started working nights. I loved watching it back then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer the non-baseball articles, but I suppose you only have so many of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I have lots of those yet. Should be able to finish the year.

      Delete