Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Remember the guy?

 Our winner last night was Derek.


Okay time to get back to the July Jacksonville card show. Do you remember last month's show and the new guy/dealer that was there? I sure do and I am glad to have seen him there again this month. Last month I only dug through his Braves cards and pulled 80 something out. All great cards. I seen him there and asked him if he added anything new to the teams or at least the Braves, and he replied I don't think so, I may have.....but....

I did just pick up these two 3K count boxes that I haven't been through or sorted yet. This time I also let him know that I would be getting a stack..... big stack. last time you charged me just under .50 a piece. I'm talking hundreds of cards, and I'm going to need a box to put them in. He laughed and said we'll do you right. Well, in those two boxes was a gold mine.....at least to me. I will post these up the rest of the week.  To skip to the end we made a deal from now on 3 for a buck. When I got done going through those, I checked the Braves and yep he added some.





The other day someone posted (I think Tom) a couple of those Father's Day cards and I commented that was the first time I had seen them. Looking at the scan above I see that I actually grabbed one.




More fo those MLB Logofractors.






I am going to once again tout my "set of the year" favorite. 2023 Bowman and all of its sets! I have completed the paper base and prospects. I need 10 cards for the Chrome Prospects with only 1 "name" to get and that is Cam Collier the other 9 are no biggies. And low and behold I have decided to build the Mega sets too. Especially after going to Kyle's shop in Ormond last week to try and complete the Chrome base. Found way too many Mega's t let go. The base mega and the Prospects Mega are just 50 cards each. I need 25 for one of them and 18 for the other. 




When I pulled those two 2015 Update Kris Bryant cards, the new guy was ooohh rookies. I said eh not really, but I want them anyway.




Finishing off tonight with a handful of 2022 Topps First Editions.

These posts are going to get better each day.


17 comments:

  1. Every time I see those WBC inserts, I think of chasing them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grabbed a lot for cheap a couple weeks ago. May have to look again for some more.

      Delete
  2. Those Logofractors are neat. There must be a story behind them. Likely already told and forgotten by my brain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple...Topps just wanted to produce and sell another complete parallel set.

      Delete
  3. I'm liking those number medallion cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible cards. Can't wait to see the better cards later in the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Topps' decision to include veterans and rookies in the Bowman Mega Box cards; while it dilutes the prospects subset, there are more opportunities to pull shiny cards that parallel the basic set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Heritage Blue sparkly cards (I don't know what they are really called) are sharp looking. Some other really nice ones as well. Better each day? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that judge manurelic!
    Matt-SCC

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. This year's New Age Performers cards look an awful lot like they should've been with last year's set.
    2. My brain totally locks up on those 1st Edition cards and interprets them as some kind of 1st Bowman card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Correct call on calling those Bryant's "rookies". One RC and the rest is set filler. Didn't know about those Topps 1st Editions, thought that was some sort of Bowman 1st card mash up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like when sellers 'take care of you.'

    Nice Arozorenas. He always kills the Yanks, but I developed a soft spot for him when he tossed a ball to my son at this year's MLB All-Star game.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice Tatis cards. Haven't opened up 2023 Bowman... but I saw them on Target's website and thought about buying a box.

    ReplyDelete