Friday, July 14, 2023

It's FRIDAY!

 I for one will say this week flew by so fast. It is already Friday. 

Our winner last night was Jafronius.


Now, going to throw an odd ball in here for a quick get er done post. 




I got these two 70' Kellogg's beauties in the mail the other day. They came from a fellow OCTer. Unexpected for sure, and certainly appreciated. Yes, I took them out of the top loaders and will be putting them in my binder this weekend. 


No, I am not done with the July Jacksonville card show. In fact I have 5 more posts from the show. The last one will be a round up of all of the Braves (I think I scanned only the ones that were needs). Not sure now, we'll see in two weeks when I get to that one. The other 4 posts will be Tuesday through Friday and all are from one vendor. Remember that new guy I mentioned from last month's show?


16 comments:

  1. One of the best card photos I've seen of the Pilots wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had Freehan's book "Behind The Mask" for a long time now. When I start reading baseball again (I'm into military history right now) it will be high on the list to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to see a Seattle Pilots card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met Don Mincher one time. He was president of the Southern League in 2006, and I was at the final game of the league championship series. After the game, I was by the dugout trying to get the lineup card. I spotted an old guy who looked pretty important, and I asked him ‘Can I have the lineup card?’ He kind of grunted and said ‘no’. I figured he had to be Mincher, and ask him ‘Are you the league president?’ in hopes of getting an autographed business card. Mincher then quickly grunted ‘yes’, and then hurried into the dugout, got the lineup card, gave it to me, and rushed inside the clubhouse as if to avoid being noticed by anyone else.
    I wish I would’ve known then that he had cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I've started getting an appreciation for the Kellogg's cards from all you bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a nice looking set.
    Have a great weekend, John.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Possibly the best post ever, leading off with a Bill Freehan Kellogs card.

    Good Job! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to get unexpected mail that is actually good. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never get sick of seeing Kellogg’s cards
    Matt-SCC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fridays are meant for the quickie posts; that means the weekend starts faster!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the early batting glove on the Freehan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always been a fan of the Kellogg's cards. Those look really nice. I have a hard time finding any that aren't cracked. BTW, I need your email address.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea that Don ever got a Kellogg's card. And what a card too!

    ReplyDelete