Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Jax July show

 The winner last night was: Matt (SCC).


Now back to the show. Pretty much every table that I stopped at and made a purchase I grabbed 2023 Donruss. One of my goals was to be done with this set build. I accomplished that. I am only showing you a few scans of the inserts and parallels. Tonight is a quick one.








here you can see the reverse variation on the two Griffey cards. There are only 10 variations this year and they are in the retro (the last section of cards).





That's it guys for tonight.

See you tomorrow with more from the July Jax. show.

10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that Yount Marvels card, the Mr 3000 cards aren't bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the parallels and inserts enough from Donruss to get a few packs. As many people have said before, it’s a shame they can’t show logos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time, pick me up something nice! 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't much like the base set, but the inserts are nice, and the parallels are ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really disappointed this year with Donruss. Mainly because of the no active players, but I know it is not in their control. The Diamond Kings look okay, and some of the inserts are very nice. The parallels help a lot because we all know there is only so much you can do with 1990 Donruss 2.0, lol. Thank goodness they limited the variations to 10 caqrds.

      Delete
  5. It all depends on the shots used for the players. Edmonds and Ichiro look fine; their follow through masks the missing logo enough for me. Sheffield on the other hand leaves too much space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Marvels card is a fun design. I don't see anything wrong with a set of just retired players, there are certainly lots of other sets like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not the biggest fan of Panini... but that Marvels insert of Yount is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those Griffeys!!

    Matt-SCC

    ReplyDelete