Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The all new old Wacky Wednesday

I'll start out with Happy New year! With that out of the way it is time to lay the ground work for the new Wacky Wednesday theme. Many of us grew up when Wacky Packages stickers (the original ones) were being produced. Many of y'all were not fortunate to have grown up during that time, I'm sorry. LOL.

This blog switched up the Wacky Wednesday them a few years back (March 2016) much the same as I am doing this year. At that time I ran my original Wacky Packages stickers until I was finished with the ones I owned. I then ran the "All New Series" aka ANS and the few other outskirts they had come out with in this Millenia. There were a lot and I still have to run the ones that came out after those. We even had a MLB set that came out in 2018 that I did post when they came out. However, there were years in between Wacky's. I still need a couple sets of the "New stuff". Topps even tried their Lost Wacky run , Old School, and Flashback series, and crazy stuff. I posted about many of those too, and one day I'll start again from the beginning and run continuously through them all including what I am doing this year. What is that you say?  UNDERGROUND STICKER CARDS.


Well, back in the early 2000's Topps....... here's the link so you can read a ONE (sided) story for yourself. Obviously, there are multiple "other" versions of the backstory, mainly on forums that some members participated in series 1 & 2, but were excluded on the rest (obviously, jaded a bit). Personally, I could care less whether or not Topps actually knew about the 1st two Lost Series, or anything else. Big issues arise about Series 3 and all sets after. Again, does not matter to me in the slightest. It's a parody sticker/card using original Topps artwork. Works for me, hell I wouldn't even care if the artwork wasn't Topps original. If the sticker/card is funny, it's funny. This run of Wacky posts will finish with a few sets that has nothing whatsoever to do with Topps.

The Lost Wacky's back story


The next thing for me to do is start this series with The UNDERGROUND Lost Wackys that I own. But, first the breakdown.
Lost Wackys 1: released in 2005 (there are some alternate/variation stickers)
Lost Wackys 2: released in 2008
Lost Wackys 3: made in 2011, but released in 2017. (there is a complete alternate set)
Lost Wackys 4: released in 2018.


These are not the only Underground Wackys. There are also 9 Series (so far) of VARIATIONS (released in 2018 & 2019), and then a completely absurd run of 13 series of unopened packaging called BOXES released in 2018 & 2019. Yes, I have damn near everything listed above and will post them accordingly.  I am missing three sets, Lost 1, 2 & 4. I know where to get them, I'm just hesitant on paying for them I guess because I am a cheap ass.

But wait, that is still not all that is to come this Wacky go around.

There was yet another non authorized release of Wacky stickers, these were called Silly Supermarket Stickers. 4 series released between 2003 and 2008 (technically 3), and I also have all 4 of those.



The Lost Wackys Series 3: 




This is the puzzle put together.







There are 2 packs each with a different wrapper.



The checklist.




























One of the controversial cards. There are multiple versions of this card, where the scratch off panty is a different color.  Yes, the anatomy is correct once scratched off.




I think this sticker

Now for the two bonus stickers.....




 thin gum


wide gum.


In all fairness, I thought that I would be starting with Series 1, and really did think that I pulled the trigger on them. Not the outrageous prices from a couple of years ago. I think it was like a hundred bucks for series 1. I guess I didn't at least according to my scan folder and excel file.

Again Happy New Year! I'll see what I can do about getting those 3 sets.

UPDATE:

I do have series 2 en-route to me and the alternate set for series 3, and series 4 with both puzzles. I can get singles for series 1 at $9.00 a piece, and I'm a cheapskate, so I'll have to keep chugging along until I get the set. I know I know, I should have paid the price when I picked up all of those other 2 dozen sets... UGH.




6 comments:

  1. I love Wackys but I'll never get into all that. (Some of it doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the original Wackys anyway). I'll just slowly grab the ones I like, and check out the rest on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen or even heard of the Ovary Show card. Lol. That sure is wacky! I wish my mom would have bought me packs of this stuff in the 70's. I would have plastered them all over my Pee-Chee folders as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. foreign alphabet soup just put a tear in my eye. I love this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved wacky packages as a kid in the early 70's, and even as an old man now I still love googling up the stickers from back in the day to get a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete