Saturday, January 4, 2020

2000 SP Authentic

I finished up last year especially the month of December closing out a ton of set builds. I build the Flagship Topps, Fleer/Tradition, Upper Deck, Bowman, Donruss, Leaf, Opeechee, Score, and a handful of other brands (all of the Pacific set brands), Stadium Club, SP, SP Authentic, SP Legendary Cuts, Rookies & Stars, Pinnacle, Ovation, (all of the Chronicles brands), Kellogg's, Post, Hostess, and Conlon. Damn that's a lot. Plus........the update/Traded sets.

I don't go out of my way to get the SP cards, yes I want them, take them. But for me the set is complete without them. However, the set listed in the title of this post is a I don't know what to call it.
The base set is 1-90, then you have SPs (of differing difficulty) 91-165, and then it appears that cards 166-195 are base cards. I don't know, they're not serial numbered like the other SP's, they're not rookies, Just 30 cards at the end of the set, of which I have never seen any, or at least never noticed. I'll to ComC them. I just figured this out tonight. As I just got what I thought was a complete set (1-90) in the mail today. I went for a complete set (90 cards) on Ebay (got it cheap BIN) as I only had 9 of the 90 cards to start with. And I really want to get all past sets completed.




Here the 9 cards I already had, which is okay because 8 of them are PC guys. The set was perfect for knocking down 1 more set off the list. Now, I have to figure what to do about those last 30 cards. I guess I'll price them out on Comc, and if they are carrying a premium I'll call them SP's and move on.



What would you do?



3 comments:

  1. Wait, wait...does "SP" in the Upper Deck brand MEAN "short print". Apparently they never said what it stood for, so maybe! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the last 30 cards were part of some rookie update set/product. You can read about it here: http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/2000_SP_Authentic

    ReplyDelete