Friday, October 13, 2023

What will Johnny post tonight?

First let me let loose of some good news. Those 14 boxes of cards that had been sitting on my couch are no longer there. In fact they aren't anywhere in my house or property. I traded them away tonight. I'll put together a post with just those cards soon. You can let me know if it was a good trade or not.

 

As for tonight.... I don't know.... let's see! Let's start filling in some mini collections. Tonight "SIGNINGS". There will be 4 of these to cover 83 scans.



These two are oversized. The top one is box topper/loader. The smaller one is from Pinnacle and is a 4x6.

Now for the regular baseball cards where the player is signing something.



They are in chronological order so spreading them out over 4 posts means the current stuff will be in the last post. But hey, you walk down memory lane here.



Just like all of my "extra curricular" sets, these are either doubles or are cards from sets that I am not building.





So I did include a Fleer stamps and some Fleer minis.



The murphy is not out of order. It is a 1987 Baseball Card magazine issue.





I know where my pink Classic Brett card is. I bet I have one in his PC too. Good thing Bo is sending me one for the "pink" collection.




Upper Deck was great about having decent photos on the back of the cards. 




Topps micro or maybe it's cracker jack.












You'll see what appears to be dupes, but they are not. One is the factory set gold foil hologram.














This is a good stopping point as the 1993 Upper deck is coming up and let's just say it is a loaded set.


Have a great weekend. The show is Jacksonville is tomorrow (not usually the 2nd weekend). 


13 comments:

  1. Nice assortment of players with loads of history in their careers. Some of those signatures could be valuable. Celebrating my 61st birthday which is today on Friday the 13th. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you finally got rid of those boxes. I was worried they would become a permanent part of the living room along with the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mailed you Murphy and Santiago, not Brett. Mailed them Saturday, nothing I sent that day seems to have gotten to their destination yet. Let me know when (if!) it arrives. Really hope another post office hasn't started stealing mail too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boxes sitting around are fun! Especially if you had tucked them away then looked years later. I do that sometimes, fun treasure can be discovered
    Matt-CardsOverCoffee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! There are a lot more of those than I ever imagined..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man this post is making me miss Upper Deck something fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe you have all of those so readily available to scan! I love cards of guys signing autographs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The binder has 83 pages and I just scanned them to post for this month. (3 more to come)

      Delete
  8. That was fun! Maybe there needs to be a signature relic card where the relic is part of the sharpie! Ok, maybe there's a reason I don't design sports cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on finally getting rid of those unwanted boxes.

    ReplyDelete