Friday, October 6, 2023

Franken Friday: Letting all the dice roll here. Triple 6's, 7's, 8's, and a nine. And an IMPORTANT question for you.

 We'll be putting a fork in this Franken-Set tonight. I know that I was going to break it up into 2 posts, but heck it is only 11 scans (2 of which contain 1 card and 2 cards). 


Okay, now for the numbers break down.


According to Beckett triple 6's have 613 cards of which I have 53 in the binder.

Team cards won out the popularity contest with 5. Pokey and Foley tied with 2 appearances each. 


The 7's: Beckett has 224 and I have 26 in the binder. Braves and Jays tied with 3 and Chambliss, Olerud, and Lonnie made two appearances each.


8's: Beckett- 97 

9's: apx 383.













Those were the triple 6's. Moving on to the 777's



The darker Chambliss is a Topps Tiffany. As for the buybacks I have no idea what year they came out.





Now for the triple 8's.



Just the two cards. So If you happen to have some 888 or 999's for that matter I'd be okay with that.



The lone triple 9. 


That is it for this Franken-Set. Not sure which one I will do next. I will be posting some of my "mini collection stuff while I decide. That brings me to the question (worded several ways below).


How many cards is too many for one post?

Or too many scans? 

In other words say I have a collection of related cards that has 100 9 card scans, basically the equivalent of a full Topps set with update.

How many posts should that be broken down too? All in one and be done, 2, 3, 4 or more? LMK what your thoughts are after all you are the ones reading/looking. Where do you go blank?



10 comments:

  1. I think 4 scans per post is about right. So it should be 3 posts at that rate.

    Kirk Gibson wins it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that first page sure has a strong Tigers flavor to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it depends on how interesting the cards are to look at. If it's a relatively boring set, knock them out at once. If there are a lot of interesting photos, somewhat smaller might be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100 scans seems a bit too many to scroll through. I would say anything less than 30 would probably keep my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say 4 or 5. For me I tend to just scroll and not really look into the details of the cards if it is more than that. I do like to look at them. I really enjoy what you do and how you present it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are never enough cards in a post. Scan on!
    Matt-CardsOverCoffee

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more pics the better, as long as there’s some text thrown in to break it up when needed and any pertinent information is shared at the beginning or ending of the post so it isn’t missed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No preference...I always enjoy scrolling through the scans you show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tend to save the posts for later if there are more than 5 scans and then read whenever I have time

    ReplyDelete