Sunday, October 29, 2023

Monday "mini collection": SIGNING part 2 of 4

 We left off at the beginning on 1993 cards. Let's pick up right there.



The cards in the 90's often had great pics on the fronts and backs. Not to much of that today.


1993 Upper Deck certainly had the most. My opinion but I know that I am not alone. 
















Looks like I left the sticky note on one. May not be the last, lol.


See, not the only one.




















Upper Deck was not alone in the great "odd ball"/mini collection pics. Score had a bunch too. Fleer starting in the mid to late 90's was the best photography to me. So much that after their demise Upper Deck took over Fleer's methods of photography on baseball cards. You can see it in the cards screaming this looks like a Fleer (Tradition) card.  What brand is missing here? Topps of course, at least in volume of excellent pics. Yes, Stadium club these days typically has the absolute best pics, but they too remind me of those late 90's Fleer. 

I hope that everyone has a fantastic week ahead. Behave, be nice, and if you can't behave at least be nice while misbehaving. 


6 comments:

  1. Many of these guys ring out to me as great signers who have signed more than once at games I have seen them play at. Bobby Jones, Butch Husky, Joe Randa, Rusty Meacham, Todd Van Poppel, among others.
    I got Rey Sanchez to sign that ‘94 Topps card at Rays fanfest one year and asked him if he signed the card in the picture or just posed with it, and he told me he signed it. The ‘95 Topps Lou Whitaker was the one he signed for me and delivered to my doorstep when I met him in 8th or 9th grade. Great memories and signers in those cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of signing going on above. Imagine if you had some of what they were signing. Have a great week. It's currently snowing here in Central Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Jose Valentin really going to sign that ball without looking?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading someone, probably a blogger, speculating that there were tons of cards of players signing autographs in the 1995 sets as a little way to give the players some positive publicity after the 1994 strike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way more signature cards from that time then I was expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I've seen a few cards of this ilk on the blogs over the years, but had no idea that there were THIS many.

    ReplyDelete