Tuesday, October 24, 2023

The Ormond trade night....the beginning!

 A few weeks ago I attended the trade night at the Ormond card shop. The owner is Kyle (I've mentioned him many times in recent years). I took a handful of football with me including the Jerry Rice rookies I mentioned a while back. I traded the whole lot to Kyle for some nice cards mainly Braves if not all, that post was a couple weeks ago. I mentioned in that post that I "Doc" was there (he is one of the Jax dealers.... the one I used to buy monster dime boxes from). He brought his heavy hitters for the trade night about $10K worth. Before the opening of the trade night started I dug through what he brought. There was some really pricey stuff in there, but I managed to find some stuff within my budget. Some really nice and some average gets.



A pair of A & G Striders that I needed along with some other Braves needs including the Chipper auto and Acuna relic. Turns out I did already have that Acuna sticker. 



A few up and coming autos and a few established guys.







Remember her well. I did grab another auto from that product, but didn't scan it. This is how I started the trade night (after I made the trade with Kyle). I've since been back to the shop on the day Update was released. I bought a JUMBO hobby box (my first time doing that with this product). I will post that up Friday. Tomorrow I will clean up the "Trade Night" from Ormond with the monster box I picked up earlier in the day.





13 comments:

  1. Nice cards. I like the A Rod quad relic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a pro set fan, but that Gooden is nice! The Star Cluster D-backs card is cool too, partly because I have never seen them, but mostly because I like Carroll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Buehler auto is awesome and needs to be in the hands of a Dodger fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Sosa autograph would be a holy grail in collections of guys who were born in the ‘80’s. Do you have a McGwire auto to go with it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hate to say a Mets card is the best one here but that Gooden card is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What set is that Yoshida card from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colours of that Perez

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be curious to know how many Chipper autographs you own?

    ReplyDelete