Thursday, October 26, 2023

Ormond TRADE night part two

 I wound up getting a monster box of cards from earlier in the day before the "trade thing" got going. In it were lots of A&G and the TCPA, but there was a lot of other stuff too.



One "stack" of the other stuff were these Topps Exclusive or Topps X Juan Soto sets or partial sets anyhow. 













This is what the backs look like. I pretty much got the whole set minus the Juan Soto cards, he had like a dozen of himself. No vanity there.










I didn't enlarge the A&G on purpose. You've seen enough of it by now. Especially from me.  The point here is that this what I filled that monster (3K) count box up with. That and some set build stuff of sets that I am actually building. Kyle's dime boxes are the BOMB!  I will skip the rest of what is in this box so that I can squeeze in a package I got from Bo.






Bo hit me up with a couple of missing Pink cards for the Pink collection we just finished up with. Some Braves team set needs. Some vintage needs be it for a Franken Set or set build need.  Even a Miller for my Miller binder. I really need to get that binder updated, scanned and posted. Thanks Bo. 


I got two packages in this week from Tom, one that I will scan a couple of highlights from for you. What I really need to get to is the other trip to Kyle's shop (the last trip). I will make 2 posts to cover that starting with the Update box tomorrow. I will do the 2nd post on Wednesday as Monday I will be doing part 2 of my Monday MINI collection "SIGNING". There are a total of 4 posts there. Tuesday is my TRADE NIGHT.... with the Cubs I believe. Then I have to cover the TRADE I made in my house. An inhouse Trade, you know the one where I got rid of those boxes sitting on my couch. Yeah, should be a great post. Then I still have to cover the Jacksonville card show (BTW) took place the day after the inhouse TRADE.  That may catch me up with what I have already scanned. Maybe. 


 

6 comments:

  1. Huh. I ignore those Topps X cards but I kind of like a lot of the Soto designs. Would be great for a more themed checklist (like the Dominican-only design).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent Miller because it was #555! Didn't even think about the Miller binder. At some point I'd like to put together a big bunch of cards for your various PCs like that. Maybe at the end of the trade posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am not a big fan of Topps X and online exclusives. But the 'Calling Card' shots are kinda nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the Topps X set had the same design, didn't know they could be subsets

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know anything about Topps X, and kind of hate the idea of buying something called "Topps X", but I'm pretty sure that I'll have to get one of those Bo Calling Cards at some point.

    ReplyDelete