Thursday, October 12, 2023

Japanese baseball cards. PLUS did you KNOW?

First let me apologize as I posted tonight's post last night instead of this one. I had spent the day in Ormond rushed back home, grabbed some supper for my brother and I and watch the Braves (get their butt's whooped). I rushed and didn't pay attention to what I was publishing.


Second, OMG Did you know? Update was released yesterday and I have my Jumbo Hobby box. Normally, I would just build this set from the dime boxes or pick a complete set online for cheap.... real cheap. I didn't do that this year. Did avoid the retail blasters. The Braves have a total of 406 cards ZERO INSERTS..  ZERO. NONE. NADA. THAT MEANS AND SURE ENOUGH. The 14 Braves base cards have another 28 parallels!  TWENTY EIGHT PARALLELS. Folks we have got to stop TOPPS from pulling this. We must make some noise on the web.  Hit those tags and what not that grabs the front pages. Seven of the parallels are Halloween related. Okay 1 maybe (not a fan) but 7. Halloween. bats, skeletons, cats, witches, ghosts, and pumkins! Pretty sure those are in the retail value blasters. I'll be pulling them out of dime boxes before you know it.


Now for the regular post.

I picked these cards up out of the dime box over in Ormond. Not the last trip but the trip before that.









I'm pretty sure this was the trip where I ripped that old 1997 Donruss wax box. If that is the case then these were FREE. I have one more post from that visit. I can then start the last visit (the Trade night visit) posts.

As for these cards they have long since left the house. They are on the west coast at Fuji's place. 


6 comments:

  1. Wow. So I guess Brandon Laird and Jerry Sands are still playing.
    I’m a little confused with Update. So a team like the Bravos with superstars like Acuna, Olson, Riley, Strider, etc. aren’t in ANY insert sets?! Doesn’t the set have the Black Gold and All-Star Game inserts? I figure 1 of those players would’ve got included in at least 1 of those insert sets. Are the inserts only in hobby boxes and not retail? I was planning on skipping retail and only purchasing the set online anyways, but dang, the hobby is getting weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what Beckett shows, but they are wrong, because I pull a couple of Acuna inserts today when I opened my box.

      Delete
    2. My guess is that Beckett hasn't loaded the inserts yet.

      Delete
  2. Every time I read a post on this blog, I learn multiple things about the card hobby. Thank you for sharing! For me the Twins are now out so it is time for the Minnesota Wild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuji's a great place for these. Looking forward to his post too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 7 Halloween parallels? That's insane.

    ReplyDelete