Tuesday, October 10, 2023

TRADE NIGHT: BREWERS Plus some amazing NEGATIVITY. Mine. Disappointment and anger UGH!

 So far this trade night thing is not working out. Not one trade done. This is the same thing from a decade ago when I dumped the theme. And again 5 years ago (non baseball). It's not like I am asking for much- never have. Just Braves cards I need or set build needs that come some what close to what I have into the card......not what the card is worth. Basically I look at ComC for the cheapest price for any of these to get an idea of what would be fair. The cheapest, not the average or highest price. Seriously these cards when checked run from a couple of bucks on the low end to about $8.00. Say $20.00 on the high end. I think what I am looking for is about as fair as it can get. What really annoys me, is that even though there have been HOFers, and super stars and the like, there has only been interest in basically 2 cards. If this is where our "TRADING" hobby is at. I may have to just call it quits... I mean it. This is absolutely horrid that you can't trade cheap autos and relics. I know I am ranting but I am seriously considering dumping it all, well, becoming a dealer. Set up my own website, do a couple of shows a month. Get rid of everything.  Screw it , yeah I'm pissed and not just disappointed. Ten-16 hours a day everyday 7 days a week. 


How is that for a RANT? Because I spent hundreds of hours in advance with the scanning alone for my post files I will run this TRADE theme to then end. But if I still feel like I do now, everything said above will become a reality including this blog saying bye bye. I find deals on everything, and I scoop them up hoping to pass those deals on through this blog and other outlets of course. If what I find interesting doesn't interest anyone out there why do all of this work. 


Now let's see who isn't interested in the 34 Brewers cards.











I may pull the Cecil Coopers, not sure yet. Of course if there is interest in it which seems unlikely I wouldn't pull them.  The Cardinals are next on the list.



19 comments:

  1. Hopefully a little positivity ... nice cards. Long suffering Brewers fan. I could have an interest in the Gorman auto and the Cooper bat card. Lots of tradelists here if you want to take a look: https://sjensen.yourwebsitespace.com/

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, how about these 2 for the for the 2 you mentioned.
      2002 Stadium Club World Champion Relics #WCJS John Smoltz ( has wrinkles around edges of jersey piece) and

      2006 Bowman Sterling Refractors AP2 Albert Pujols bat (#23/199). I'll send you an e-mail we can work out details there.

      Delete
    2. That trade would work for me. I didn't see an email from you. LMK what you'd like to do. Cheers, Scott

      Delete
    3. I sent another one. Check your spam. my e-mail address is jfmjr1@aol.com

      Delete
  2. Glad I claimed some Angels! I still have the return package for you, and with the free stuff you claimed, but have had difficulties getting to the PO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oof. I suspect that I'm not the only one who, as a result of Topps turning card releases into an overpriced lottery shitshow, stopped buying cards at the quantity that produces good tradebait. Everyone I know now buys just the cards they want because new product is a disaster. And yeah the knock on effect of it gutting trading absolutely sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the non interest. For me, I’m mostly waiting for teams that are going to be right at the end (Tigers and Rays).
    While I like jersey and autographed cards, I’m trying to limit myself to focusing on my Topps set needs and to only getting jersey/autographed cards of guys who I collect or really admire and haven’t found any. Plus, other than a few cards I’ve pulled lately, I really don’t have any Braves for you, but I could probably make the stack bigger with guys you collect.
    With that being said, I do collect Richie Sexson, so I’d be in for his card, and although I would prefer a Rays photo, put me down for that Brett Phillips as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a Twins fan and they are a way down the alphabet. I have also checked your wantlists and don't really have anything you are looking for. Sorry. I have very few relics and autos. I have tried to conduct a few trades recently but my percentage of trade versus declines is fairly low. I will keep trying so I may someday be able to finish my 2019 Topps Heritage build. Keep the hobby going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just don't have any autos or relics in my trade bait, and I think most bloggers are pretty similar. Plus there just aren't that many of us on the blogs these days, so the potential audience is quite limited. I really hope you stay on the blogs though!

    I did mail a PWE to you on Saturday, a little thank you for all the giveaways. A few vintage triple-numbers and some modern Braves that were on your wantlist though they're probably in your possession somewhere. Also one high number for your frankenset #1003.

    I personally find relics and autographs to be mildly interesting but not enough for me to ever pursue them. Of the ones you've been posting, what I like best are "real" cards that the player autographed, like those 1986s. But I don't have anything of value to trade for them.

    Probably best to find another venue to unload cards like that which have more value elsewhere, but hopefully keep your strong presence here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no valuable cards on these trade nights as far as what I obtained them for (most were $3.00 or less) a few were $10.00, but those are very few in the trade nights (mainly my current PC), those IP or TTM autos, literally a stamp at best in cost to me well 2 stamps. I am not looking for autos & relics in return, just needs. Just needs.

      Delete
  7. I'm not much of an auto or relic guy, really only have those that have fallen into my hands. Not against them, just not really my thing. That said, the Gorman Thomas is pretty cool! But the real reason I haven't claimed anything is that I just don't have anything on your lists!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knowing my Red Sox are farther down on the list, I've been keeping my eye out for worthy Braves trade bait. I'm hoping I can find enough to make at least one trade.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd be interested in any of the certified autos let me know whats remaining of the 14 that I think I counted and a value and I can check to see what I have from your braves list. Think we did this years ago.....
    Thanks, Dion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to get that done this weekend.

      Delete
    2. also I only count 13 certified autos. The Thomas was traded.

      Delete
    3. 13 ok shoot me an email we can go from there soskinfamily at yahoo dot com Thanks,

      Delete
    4. can't find your e-mail here's mine jfmjr1@aol.com

      Delete
  10. Sorry to read that the posts aren't getting interest. I also have nothing on your trade list. 😞

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm guilty of claiming a card and then not having enough from your trade list. Secretly I'm still looking for stuff for you.

    But I really enjoy your blog and it'd be a shame for you to stop writing. Your generosity and desire to help others is amazing and believe it or not, you have influenced some of my card purchasing decisions. "Would John pay $20 for that?! Or would he be able to get that plus an entire lot?"

    ReplyDelete