The Puzzle is Sugarmess which is I have completed. I do NOT have an unopened pack or wrapper. although I do want them.
Gurgle Baby Food Botch Tape Sailem Sugarmess Bubble Gum Plastered Peanuts Minute Mud Ajerx Exceedrin Ultra Blight Cap n Crud Ditch Masters Commie Cleanser Chicken Fat All-Brain Cereal Blecch Shampoo Nertz Boo-Hoo Drink Fish-Bone Dressing Gloom Kook Cigarettes Schtick Blades Poopsie Awful Bits Blunder Bread Vile Soap Hurts Tomatoes Log Cave-In Syrup Gyppy Pop Corn Putrid Cat Chow 8-Lives Tuna Bones Brittle Soap Pads Dull Pineapple Run Tony Shells
My set are white backs, but I want them all. There is no price difference between the tan and white backs on this set. I also want both versions (*, **). Again, no price differences. The Run Tony is the pricey sticker at $40.00, followed by Nertz $12, and Awful Bits $10.00. The rest of the stickers are valued between $4-6.00 each.
The above (and below) info came from Wackypackages.org.
- Topps had such great success with the 1st series that they quickly developed a second series, which they released in the summer of 1973.
- Packs contain two stickers, a checklist, and a piece of gum.
- There are 33 different titles in this series.
- sticker copyrights:
- As the 1st series was taken directly from the die-cuts, the 2nd series was taken directly from the Wacky Ads. Norm Saunders redid the images of the Wacky Ads in his own style and voila, 2nd series.
- There were eight totally new titles:
- The last seven on this list are the last seven titles on the checklist.
- One Wacky Ad title underwent a name-change, Garbage Baby Food became Gurgle Baby Food.
- Five Wacky Ad titles did not make it into the 2nd series.
- Run Tony Shells was pulled during the run supposedly because Ronzoni had complained to Topps that the title was a slander towards Italians. Sheets can be found with and without Run Tony, on those without, an extra Chicken Fat takes its place. No new checklists were printed without Run Tony however.
- Topps still had some ludlow back sticker stock left over which they used up on the beginning of this series. They also printed a roughly equal amount of white and tan backed stickers. They were in a transition to all tan back stickers, but they apparently had restocked enough white back stickers to do half the 2nd series and a tad of the 3rd series. Whiteback stickers would not reappear until series 13.
- Vote for your favorite 2nd Series stickers