Monday, September 30, 2024

Hudson, Florida: first trip to this card show. Caitlyn Clark edition

 The Sunday following the Tampa show last month (August) I headed 2/3rds of the way back to Tampa to make my first appearance at the show in Hudson. Typically a smaller show, but I decided to check it out. Justin told me that Saturday that he was heading down immediately after the Tampa show that night. He was telling me that the "show promoter" was claiming it was going to be his biggest ever with hundred tables.  Well, that certainly didn't happen. The show is held in a high school cafeteria. According to the vendors it was a pretty lame show with only a handful of people showing up on Saturday.... That is a no brainer with the Tampa show at the same time. Sunday appeared to be even worse for attendance. I figured with the lack of buyers I could make some big deals....NOT. The unwillingness to negotiate was evident from all of them.... except for Justin. The only buys I made came from him and I bought a lot. Some good variety. In fact tonight will be just that.... something I do not collect, but bought anyways to save for a rainy day. With the should be all but certain WNBA rookie of the Year winner season officially coming to an end last week this should open up the Hudson show cards pretty well.











There was one more smaller set too that I thought I had put in my box, but guess not. Good thing these are all inexpensive/cheap cards.  One thing is for sure. She definitely changed the WNBA, and the other thing is NO DOUBT that her dad had some influence on her from early on. Guessing he was a basketball fan huh?

Who knows the WNBA might actually turn into something worth watching.....one day. The Caitlyn effect.


Now to put a little baseball into this post: I had a chance to attend both of the Braves doubleheader games today and I opted not to do so. Basically it was two seats for both games total price $50.00. Not the worst seats, certainly not the best either, but I passed.

Game 1 was a doozie! The last two innings that is. The second game had a much better outcome for the Braves. We made the playoffs! San Diego here we come.


In sad news, I just heard the Pete Rose has passed away. May he rest in Peace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment