Monday, September 2, 2024

The Card Farm: A weeks worth of product

 The Card Farm is a breaker and seller on What Not. I have never purchased naything on the site. The guy who runs The Card Farm lives an hour away up in Gainesville, in fact used to work at the Meely Pops card shop in years past. I met him at card shows from Jacksonville to The Villages. Still do in fact. I have always gotten SUPER deals from him. Especially on "non hit" stuff. Remember that monster box of Vintage I bought last year for $200.00 that included stars albeit lesser condition. Basically it was his quarter box vintage. I bought the whole box, and man was that awesome. I always get the deals from him. Usually it is the more modern stuff. He was at the Jax show last month, and his tables (2) had his "1 glass case of high end stuff" and the rest was nothing but dollar boxes. Everything sleeved and top loaded too. I only hit up the baseball of course. I wound up with 1 1/2 shoe boxes of cards (roughly 1000 cards). We both originally mis-guessed about how many cards (we were thinking 1500). He said $70.00 and I was good with that. Less than a nickel a piece, knowing I hand picked the cards. Well, with only being 1K that made the cost per card .07, and that was okay too. Keep in mind brand new top loaders and penny sleeves (which I use neither) but use them to better the deals I get.


By now you are surely expecting a NM 52' Mantle right? Nope, not happening not even a reprint of one. Now that I have hyped y'all up let's get to the first round (these will last all week). I broke them into categories like Braves, set builds, PC guys, and cards that I wasn't going to let sit for roughly a nickel.



Yes, a Braves autograph (no worries there will be an entire post on just autos).




Yep, yes sir relic cards too. Some guys we've heard of and some we haven't.








This is a good place to end round one.

Be safe, have fun, and stay out of trouble :)


4 comments:

  1. Definitely looks like .07 well spent to me. You have a talent for finding deals! Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great stuff in there! Can't wait to see what else was in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the kind of stuff that, if cheap enough, I'd only look through to try and find things for other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete