Thursday, February 15, 2024

Toy Show: Part 2 a quick one.

 I nearly forgot to write this post tonight. Go figure I was caught up in go figure one of my baseball card projects. Of all things......tis tis.


Just a very short segment from the toy show last month.



Counterfeit T206 cards of Ty Cobb, and a couple of others that I also suspect highly are fake. Nonetheless, I couldn't pass them up. They were on the postcard side of the show and in fact at the table where I picked up those coke cards. 




Those last two good possibly be real, but I doubt it and will treat them as such.... fakes.

Now I did pick up a ton of tobacco cards. I will probably have to split them into a couple of posts for next week. They are not baseball cards though. Eh what the heck I will just squeeze them into one post next week. Yeah, be done with them so I can put them away.

Have a great night, see I told you it would quick.


9 comments:

  1. Even at fakes they are pretty cool. I have a couple fake (probably) 1952 Wheaties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not one to even try to figure out if those are real or not. My knowledge is very limited on old cards. They are nice in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best to assume they are knockoffs and be pleasantly surprised if they're not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The T206 are absolutely counterfeits, the other two not sure but not expecting them to be real and will not be trying to authenticate.

      Delete
  4. That orange background card is awesome! Fake or not... what set is that from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is a W516-2-1, and the other one is 1921 Oxford E253

      Delete
  5. I hope you have a Fake section or binder so that it's properly labelled, you know, just in case...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Given that they were all bought from the same person, I'd say that there's zero chance that the bottom two are real.

    ReplyDelete