Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Alrighty then. What is on the table tonight?

 Sorry about the mix up last night with the posts. (I had just got back from Ormond). So I will be quick, but in reality this post is a set up for a future post to watch out for.




I grabbed the Snider autograph and the 59" Mantle from Eddie at the Feb. Jax card show. I don't buy much from him these days, but still I have know him for a decade and felt time to knock out a big name (in lesser condition of course). Eddie and I came to price and wham. It may not be purdy, but it fills a hole in the 59' set. Once upgraded (down the road) I can relocate it this one to his PC. 

Now what the heck was I leading too? Well, another buddy dealer had some "junk" he wanted unload (maybe 8 monster boxes so I took them off of his hands for $75.00 and although not something I do very often half went into the trash. The other half is good stuff, but it is football and basketball primarily. I did get a handful of keeper baseball cards out. But I am mentioning this because buying that set up a bigger deal. Doc (this dealer) from the Ormond area had bought a fancy binder (with zippers) full of 50's vintage baseball, 95% was 56' Topps. The cards range from 54-56'. I got a really great deal on the entire binder. They are not mint, and certainly no Mantles or other super stars, but there were stars in the mix. I got a handful of needs and will explain what I mean by needs when I post it. Yes, I am doing a post on basically the entire binder over 200 cards vintage doubles that before I put them in my OCT trade boxes, I figured I would see who wants to trade for them here. So be looking for a catchy post title coming soon. I was going to wait until next week, but I may just knock it out Friday (that is a hint folks).

3 comments:

  1. Nice finds. If able (probably not though), I would love to trade for some cards from the 1950s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the '59 Mantle!

    I've got nine '69 OPCs set aside for you. I have a feeling I'm going to be looking for a lot more once you start those binder posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see some of that vintage you picked up. Any chance you'll show off some of the cheap football and basketball too? From personal experience, neither of these sports garner blog attention like baseball... but it's always fun to check them out too.

    ReplyDelete