Friday, February 2, 2024

Franken Friday as easy as 1 2 3

 Before we get started with the Franken-set I wanted to let you know what I did on Wednesday (besides argue with Comcast/Xfinity). Normally I would run over to Ormond next week the Wednesday before the Jax card show which is actually a week later than usual. I decided to keep my routine and go anyway and maybe skip next week. Well, I'm glad I went and I will be going back next Wednesday too as there will be a surprise birthday party for Kyle (shop owner). I limited what I bought, but I did get some good stuff and will eventually get that posted, but the highlight was looking at a complete 1933 and 1934 Goudey sets along with a couple hundred extras. I said complete. I held 4 of 33' Babe Ruth cards in my hand and a couple of Lou Gehrig's too. That alone was worth the trip. Just amazing. The sets will be eventually be sold with one of the high end auction sites, but it maybe a while as they are going to have the set graded, and then most of the extras. I'd say one of those Ruth cards will come back a 6 or 7. Definitely running into 6 figures when they are done. 


It's also Groundhog Day. Will there be another 6 weeks of winter?




Okay now for my measly old Franken-Set. Tough act to follow.












Hopefully, by the time you are seeing and reading this post my internet will be back.

Have a great weekend! And yes, my internet is back up. Water in the cable (RG11) heavy duty cable at that. They replaced 400 feet of it.


5 comments:

  1. A. Sure hope Kyle doesn't read your blog.

    B. You're probably in very elite company. Can't imagine there are too many collectors who have held four 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth cards in one hand.

    C. That groundhog day card is awesome! Heard we're gonna have an early spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a) didn't think about that, oops
      b) it was definitely a highlight
      c) awesome. bring on the heat

      Delete
  2. Not a big fan of groundhogs after one made a home under my shed!

    ReplyDelete