Thursday, January 11, 2024

Franken Friday: As easy as 1-2-3

 You more than likely have already figured out that this franken-set is loaded with cards that are number 123. As this is the first post of this franken-set I am letting you know that It is all scanned and has already been torn apart. The set not the cards.



I had 369 different cards in this binder before removing them all.















72 cards in and we made to 1990, or least the start of 1990.

Have a great weekend everybody!

10 comments:

  1. 2 different Tigers in 1980 with OPC and Topps and a 3rd Tiger the next year in Topps. They must’ve had a Tiger thing in the early ‘80’s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed many times through the decades Topps using the same number for a team over the course of 2 or 3 years.

      Delete
  2. Have to go all the way back to 1961 to find a Twins player. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see Gwynn is part of your 123 collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a way, when you scan the cards you have a permanent record of the frankenset, maybe that makes it easier to take it apart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no problems breaking them apart. The decade long journey hoarding the cards for those sets burned me out on them. I still have my very 1st Braves franken-set, and the #1's will be a keeper. Then there is the fact that I have two in card hoard mode (I'm just too lazy to sort them out and put them together), and another one I am having a blast with right now.

      Delete
  5. Man, I wanted that Jerome Walton along with the Upper Deck as a kid. He was supposed to have been awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not as much vintage as I would've thought for you.

    ReplyDelete