Wednesday, January 17, 2024

The rest of the story

 No I'm not doing Paul Harvey (or Jr) for that matter. I did enjoy listening to him(them) when I was younger. No, this is "Just the rest" of the mess with the recently added Braves cards. Without further delay....here they are.


Pretty sure I have a bunch of those Bowman cards.



These too, so they must of been deals in that 80k pick up.




2023 Select.







Pretty sure those are Heritage high numbers.



More 2023 Pro Debut parallels and Chrome. Did I mention (I know I did) that I have about 5000 of those cards It is a 200 card set, and no the best 5 or 6 cards aren't in there, but there are still lots of $5-10.00 cards in there. Lots.




The rest of the Archives for my team set.





I'm thinking these are Chrome Update and parallels.



Those are my first and only so far of this years gimmick (Halloween cards).




These last twos scans are not a part of the mess. I know exactly where they came from and I had not scanned them before now. There is a funny story with the Exhibits. AS many of you know I am a long standing member of OCT (Old card traders). Every Christmas season members tend to send an actual Christmas card with a baseball card or two tucked inside. On one day just before Christmas I got three envelopes from 3 different members. The first two each had one of the exhibits above. That is so weird, almost liked they got together and discussed it. See I do have a lot of those Braves already, but needed both of the ones sent. 




I know these three cards came from reader Oren. I needed two of them. Oren will drop a SCP surprise care package on me from time to time. This time they went to Georgia before finding me at home. Got lucky there as the forwarding has expired. I have a return package for him that I hope blows his socks off, not really I hear it's kind of cold in NYC and thereabouts.

I need to get 6 boxes to the PO.. Maybe tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Nice shiny cards again. On a positive note, we are currently at 2 above zero so far tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Halloween parallels with the various "decorations" -- pumpkins, ghosts, etc., -- seem like tough pulls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorting 80k cards. One day it sounds like the coolest thing in the world. Another day it's seems like a lot of work. Hope you're having fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sort is long over. I sorted by sports, gotten rid of most still have some FB left and racing. Baseball I pulled Braves, keepers, not much needed for set builds, but pulled them anyway just in case.

      Delete