Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year! The blog year in review and the future

 I certainly hope that you reading this means that your weekend wasn't "harmful". My wasn't I stayed home as per my usual. Hunter was pretty much here all week. That is always a good thing. My December was a mess though. That 100K (75-80k) card deal messed me up big time. I am discombobulated to say the least. I have sorted the boxes and gone through them 2 1/2 times trying to find that ONE card. Still haven't found it. I know that it isn't the thousand dollar card though I still want/need to find that card. I will spill eventually spill the beans on exactly what I am looking for, just not today. The big issue for me is that I haven't done much at all with my collection and I have stacks all over the place (I usually do) except now they are "spilling" over into each other and I lost track of some things, just a mess. The first part on January has it's work cut out as you will see below.


Let us get this party started.

I typically make some mediocre goals for my collection. Let's review the 2023 goals.

1) get my collection organized. The original plan 1 year ago was to do an addition to my house to have a card room to house everything together. That changed when I became the sole resident in my home again. Needless to say why pay the ridiculous pricing for doubling the size of my house when I don't have too. I did manage to get my cards grouped together where they belong and displayed for the most part, still a major work in progress when dealing with the PC guy collection. I did some work with the trade boxes too. Still yet I give myself an A.

2) add at least one T206 card. I did that and it was the last Braves card that I needed or so I thought at the time. A+ as it was still a double hit for me.

3) organize the franken-sets and start at least 1 of them. Definitely a A+. I not only organized them (then tore all but 1 of those apart) but I scanned them and posted them. I still have 1 ready to go in a few weeks and 1 other one that is still in accumulation mode. That last one will be for the future like maybe in a year or two.

4 layoff retail blasters except for Topps Holiday and Stadium Club. I completely laid off of all retail blasters. Heck TSC isn't even out yet. I bought the Holiday set complete. The only down side to that is I no have any image variations (Christmas variations). It's not like I am ever going to complete any of those variation sets from any year. A+


Yes, I gave myself an A+ overall. I'm good with what I got done.


Now for the 2024 collecting goals.

1) add at least 1 T206 card (I will actually try to get more than 1).

2) clean the mess up from December.

3) focus a little more on completing some sets (in other words actually look for the cards that I need). 


That is it. Simple and if accomplished sweet.


Now for a few cards of athletes who share this day as their birthday.






I have to applaud Mac for being so active at his age. He turned 124 years old today....according to this card back.









There you go. I know there are lots more athletes who celebrate their birthday today, but I gave up a long time ago focusing on the card backs for birthdates other than the family related birthdays, and a select few "holidates".


Be well and I wish everyone a great New Year!


9 comments:

  1. A good year passed, here's to another one ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! And congrats on your A+ 2023. Here's another Jan. 1 birthday, Dick Gordon: https://www.footballcardgallery.com/card-of-the-day/2024/01/01/1967-philadelphia-dick-gordon/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! .. Good luck with the goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd give you an A+ too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! 2024 here we go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year and looking forward to hearing about the 100k card deal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year! The miracle of modern medicine is keeping those athletes competing for longer

    ReplyDelete