Monday, January 8, 2024

TRADE DAY: San Diego Padres.

 Another week and another team up for trade this week, but first while on the subject of "trades" As a Braves fan I am absolutely thrilled with the recent trade of Vaughn Grissom for Chris Sale. VG card prices hasn't dropped which makes zero sense. 1) he can't field worth a crap, never was going to replace Albies (no idea why the hype continued....because he can hit? I don't know. 2) Sale maybe at the tail end of career, but the need pitching to contend in the post season and go figure Sale has always been a PC guy of mine. So  yeah I am happy the trade was made. Now if people will stop asking me how I feel about the trade. LOL.


Now for the Padres relics/autos up for grab.











I may pull that Morejon for the pink binders, not sure. We'll see if anyone is interested in first.




Do you remember these guys? (below).





 Left handed signed Dravecky....... Phillies up next week followed by the Pirates.


6 comments:

  1. Nice cards, but wrong part of the country for my team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love both of the Dravecky’s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing VG prices are up because he's a Red Sox now.

    Do right-handed Dravecky autographs look different from left? Among other more important things I guess he had to get good at writing with his right hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. slants are opposite for the most part and not as neat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Haverkamp broke down Dravecky's signatures for me. If the first and last name are next to each other, they are pre-surgery. If they're stacked, then it's post-surgery.

    Both of those signatures are really cool. The Kevin McReynold's is also neat. Either card companies haven't reached out to him or he doesn't like signing, because he doesn't have many certified pack pulled autos... and the two Topps cards I've seen both feature him as a Met.

    ReplyDelete