Saturday, January 6, 2024

Elvis Presley playing baseball, huh?

 Today was Elvis' birthday. I wasn't a fan of his. Not that I disliked him or his music. Just wasn't my thing. I was more into Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, KISS, Bob Seger, Charlie Daniels band, Alabama, top 4 stuff, and southern rock. No, Elvis was a heart throb of my mother's. He had that affect on females back then. Now my mom would listen to his gospel and Christmas songs, but she didn't really get into that Rock a billy music. She did like his movies. She was HUGE Conway Twitty fan. Looking back I can see the similarities between Elvis and Conway. Facial resemblance, hair, and fancy "duds". 


I don't go out and look for Elvis stuff. It has just kind of fell into my lap over the years, and I do this annual post (used to be twice a year) to honor my mom. I had a ton of books to but gave them to Elvis collector's I've known along with several records. I remember the day Elvis died, my mom was so sad....heartbroken if you will. This post is for her memory.


This is a long post so I guess I should clear up the title. Somewhere within the scans will be a trading card of Elvis playing catch. Baseball. I'm not saying where it is so you'll have to scan the cards if you want to see it.







Those are the LP's that I still have. The 45's will show up later in the scans.
































The four cards (Album backs) are inserts from the last card set in this post.





The same goes for the last 7 cards in the above scan. They are inserts for the last card set in this post.



These are calendars and the backs are below.








Now for those 45's.












The records without the jacket/cover are warped  bigtime. 


The card set below is a 660 card set (which I do not have them all, maybe only a hundred. I did NOT scan the backs as there is just way too many.





See, there Elvis is playing catch.































Elvis Aaron Presley 1/8/35-8-16-77. 

Mom I love you, may you both RIP.


NEXT WEEK I'LL BE BACK TO THE BUBBLE GUM MINI-COLLECTION STARTING WITH A FEW NEW ONES FROM "THE BEST BUBBLE".



3 comments:

  1. Fantastic collection of cards and 45's. My mom liked Elvis too... but not enough for me to collect his cards. I do have two Andy William's LP's and a Kenny Rogers LP in honor of her though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elvis looks so young in that playing catch photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever seen mama Elvis before. He doesn't seem to have gotten his looks from her.

    ReplyDelete