Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Getting back to the 80K card haul. No not really. Let me explain.

 Now we are back to that huge card haul from last month. One BIG problem though. Do you remember that mess from December? Well, I did it again, this time this month a couple of weeks ago. I had 4 HUGE stacks of cards to scan half from the bulk buy (penny cards/dime cards) and the other half from the dollar box (3 for 1.00). What did I do? Yep, I mixed those stacks with another half dozen stacks. That is what happens when you have too many irons in the fire. I know I have too many irons in the fire. I always have, but back to back months with boo boo's. Not good. The first boo boo (last month), didn't take away any posts or scans of the cards.....just scanned some twice. This time I lost about 8 posts plus the cards aren't scanned and WON'T BE. At this point the only way forward is to clean this mess up. I have so many scans already in the kitty (from the ComC Black Friday haul), and now the non card show visit to Jax (2 big deals) I still have to scan those and take phone pics for a lot of it. No I am moving forward, as I still have a Villages (local) card show this weekend and the Jax show on the 10th. 

I am good. I just have work to do clearing the tables.....literally clearing the tables, end tables, night stands, kitchen table, coffee table, and pool table. 

On the lemonade side of things I started that Braves renovation. Also another iron in the fire, but one that is important and needs to get done. I will be pulling everything out of their boxes and binders Braves wise. After that which I am 3/4 the way done, I will resort them by year, then set with inserts/parallels included. Then make the binders up again by year. The early years maybe in 1 binder up to the vintage. The 80's will be in a binders, as will the 90's. 2000-2005 might make a binder (we'll see) and same goes for 2006-2009. 2010 to current will for sure have their own binder each year. 

Big project, but not the biggest one (that would be the PC binders) which I started late last year but halted. I did some "house cleaning" with those while pulling PC Braves out from boxes and stacks. Go figure I pulled Mauer, Helton, and Beltran (among others) to designate to the PC boxes. Murphy's Law I guess. Good thing I am 4 years make that 5 years behind with those.


No scans tonight, just got the internet up after being out all day. The entire suburb was. Think I'll be switching to fiber next month. 

If you made it this far thanks for reading and have a great night.




7 comments:

  1. I made it that far. I had to reorganize my 1991 Upper Deck set last year. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to sort them by team in the binder. It screwed too much with my brain so I redid the binder numerically. Have a great night as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all of the projects. I eventually plan to get all my loose cards into binders when I get everything into TCDB, probably later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have many boo boos as well when it comes to misplacing and having posts being deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have any cards in binders right now. I have plenty of empty 9 pocket sheets if I ever decide to do some in binders. I stay very flexible in what I do so I can always stay one step ahead if possible. I made it! Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too many irons in the fire is something I'm familiar with. I used to open up several care packages and just separate them with dividers, but last year I mixed stuff up and enough time had passed where I couldn't figure out where certain cards came from where. These days... I typically open up one care package at a time and won't move on until I get everything organized and scanned first. It's the reason it takes me some time to get to stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just so you know, another package will be arriving shortly, lol.

      Delete
  6. Switched to fiber last summer from cable after one too many long outages. Only outages since have been the modem restarting after an upgrade

    ReplyDelete