Sunday, September 3, 2023

Masonic Monday: GRANDPA JONES

 I'm trying to stretch these out for the year and I believe I may just make it with a little to spare. That means next year I should have Mondays back for my "mini" collections THEME. Then pretty soon into the New Year, yes I said it.... it will be here before you know it. Post season baseball is on the horizon and Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I will have finished all of the "new" Franken-Set posts and will be able to have three days to post deals on baseball cards.



I'm sure there are plenty of you out there that have never heard of him. I however, grew up watching Hee Haw on Saturday nights. 






Just checkout that stache!








Upcoming articles will cover Glenn Ford, Harry Houdini, and Barry Goldwater.

Remember tomorrow's TRADE DAY is Oakland A's.




4 comments:

  1. Interesting reading. It's sometimes hard to remember that before the radio and record player became commonplace, the only time to hear music was to hear it performed live. Those two inventions, especially the radio, broadened the musical horizons of people who otherwise would not have been exposed to it. Seems like having a radio was a big boost to young Jones's musical career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Where, oh were, are you tonight, why did you leave me here all alone..."

    Can still here that song from Hee Haw like it was on last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I searched the world over and thought I found true love. You met another and PFFT she was gone!" I always enjoyed Grandpa Jones on that show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't say that I'm fan, but I do remember him and the show.

    ReplyDelete