Friday, September 29, 2023

Franken Friday: Triple 5's

 Looking forward to the trip back to Ormond Beach tomorrow. Meanwhile, I have numbers for the triple five's.

I have 90 different cards. Beckett claims there 997 of them, so almost 10%. No team hit double digits for this triple number post. The Twins led the pack with 8 appearances with just the first scan it was obvious they would be contending. One player made four appearances Frank Thomas. No one hit 3 and a few had two.



It was clear the Twins was on the chase. There were 6 teams (technically 7) they tied for 2nd with 5. That is half of the total number of cards tonight.



















Next week the triple 6's. I had mentioned maybe combining the cards going forward but it looks like there are plenty enough 6's for their own post. I will squeeze the 8's and 9's in with the 7's.

Have a great weekend. 

9 comments:

  1. Way to phone in the signature Tanner Roark...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever seen the 2005 Larry Walker before, though I missed a lot of base cards from 2005-2009 Topps.

    Odd that the Big Hurt was card #555 3(or more) times in two years.

    The '86 Hubie Brooks baffled me as a kid. "Why is that guy wearing a jacket? And why is he sliding backwards?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that I believe is Rick Camp of the Braves sliding in pretty sure I have this card also in my Braves in the background mini collection.

      Delete
  3. Oh boy lots of Upper Deck Dodgers next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surprised you don’t have the ‘93 and ‘94 Topps 555s. I have complete sets of those from the huge lot you gave me so I’ll pull them for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have them, I just haven't pulled them from the dupes boxes.

      Delete
  5. Twins lead the way! One can only hope that happens when the playoffs begin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was curious if Gwynn had a card #555... but it doesn't look like it. Hope you found some nice goodies for your collection at Ormond Beach.

    ReplyDelete