Thursday, September 14, 2023

Franken Friday: Tripping on the trips.

 Triple threes. Double dipping the trips. As per usual getting the numbers out of the way.


Beckett lists 2,259 baseball cards. I have 148. I player showed up 4x Mike Timlin. Nine others had two appearances. No team hit double digits. The leader of the pack were the Orioles with 9 followed by Giants and Boston with 8, with 5 teams casting 7 tallies (ATL, TOR, MIL, IND, and DET).  I also scanned them before placing them into a binder. Definitely the way to go.












Just thought that I would throw this out there. If you own a couple of copies of that 1991 Topps Desert Shield card, by all means send them to me. Just saying it's an idea one that I like a lot. Now that I think about it I need four of them. One for here trips binder, 1 for Braves team, one for Chipper PC, and one for the Deseert Shield set build. Wow.













You knew that was coming. Timlin had 3 from 2000 Topps. Still had another though.













Well we have arrived at the end of this post. For next Friday I was going to group a couple together, but I still need 4 more CE credits to knock out next week. My birthday is tomorrow (spending the weekend with family). I also had a boatload to scan besides the trip quads (how's that for an oxymoron)? I bet Tom is looking forward to it. 


11 comments:

  1. Nick Fortes is a DeLand boy. Got to see him play in Washington while we were on vacation and he signed his Heritage rookie for me. Should’ve had him sign his 333 card for another variation.
    I knew this guy on an autograph collecting site that was trying to get the complete ‘91 Desert Storm set autographed. He had a few hundred but I hate to think of how many he probably tried to get signed through the mail that ended up never getting returned or got lost in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not heard of anyone actually completing the Desert Shield set. Near impossible. Most of the cards/packs were actually burned.

      Delete
    2. I can't remember where it was, but I do recall reading sometime in the last 10 years about someone who had completed the set. Whether it's true or not, I do not know, but somebody out there was claiming to have finished it.

      Delete
  2. Really neat to see the progression from oldest to newest and see how the designs change. Nice organization!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!

    When you get another 333 card, say 1968 Topps, then do you have to shift every card in the binder over one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The original Chipper wins it.

    Hope you have a fun birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My buddy had a DS Chipper. He was asking two or three hundred for it at the time. I really, really, really wanted it for my collection... but just couldn't drop that kind of cash on something that might have been fake. He sold it that very same day at the show we were at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! Hope it was enjoyable. Always glad to see a Tim Wakefield card or two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday! Also you are lucky enough to have the #1 Mike Timlin collector in the World as one of your readers.

    (#1 on Tcdb anyway)

    ReplyDelete