Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Vintage buys from Chuck

 This past Saturday in Jax. I stuck to my promise to myself to not buy a bunch of stuff unless it was a super deal. I did not find any super deals. I made a small purchase from Fred, Chuck, Daryl, and Doc. Each were unique in their own rights. Last night you seen mainly current (2024) Braves inserts, parallels, and high end from Fred, tonight you'll see vintage from Chuck. 



Chuck always has some great vintage cards. These were in his discount box. Not sure if I even needed them, but because they are also PC guys not matter if I also had them in the set build already.



I don't have a lot of Scoops, so these were nice pick ups. 


Now for the last scan I know that I actually have the majority, but the price was good enough.....just in case.



I used the backside of the Haney card because it is just that good. I love it. No doubt I have this card in my Braves team sets and more than likely in my set build. I like it so much that I think if not needed in the other sets then I can put thi son ein my bubble gum book. 


7 comments:

  1. Some nice vintage oddballs there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winfield is one of the greats to ever come from St. Paul, Minnesota and the University of Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pickups! Love the Yount and Kell cards in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you don't need the Hostess, I DO (except Seaver, I have that).

    ReplyDelete
  5. A. Seeing the Oakland Coliseum in the background of that Yount Hostess is really cool. It motivated me to check out his Hostess cards on COMC and there were a few cool backgrounds.

    B. I love the 1976 Topps TSN All-Time All-Stars subset. Awesome photo selections... and solid design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to go to a show and look through reasonably priced Hostesses. I still need so many!

    ReplyDelete